Get a replacement card

If you need a replacement card, visit us at the ONECard office in the Jamie Cassels Building.  All replacement cards are a $20 fee.  

Lost or stolen card

If your card is lost or stolen, you should freeze your account as soon as possible. You will be responsible for all transactions made before the funds were frozen.

You can easily freeze your card by logging into your ONECard account and selecting the "Freeze card" option. If you're on campus, you can also freeze your card in person at the Jamie Cassels Centre or the University Food Services office.

In the event of a system outage where you are unable to report your card lost or stolen online, please email  with a request to freeze the card and give your name and your V0#. We are available to freeze your card during our normal business hours. 

If you find your ONECard after you've frozen it, take it to the ONECard office to have it reactivated. Once a card has been replaced with a new one, we can't reactivate the older card.

Replacing a card

You are responsible for the care of your ONECard. If your card is damaged or stops functioning, you will be required to pay the replacement fee. Damage may include but are not limited to the use of stickers, hole punching, wear of the card, damage to the mag stripe, chip and/or image.

If you keep your card in a phone case, remove your card prior to charging your phone on any wireless charger.  All damage is the cardholder’s responsibility; the card is delivered in working order and tested prior to distribution.  

New Affiliation at UVic?

If your affiliation (status) changes at UVic (i.e: student to grad or student to staff), please bring in your current card to exchange it for a new one.  Your card must be active and functioning in order to exchange it for a new card or the replacement fee will be charged.  This does not include the Alumni card, all Alumni cards are a flat $20.00 fee.