Skip to main content

Get & manage your ONECard

If you have not had a ONECard in the past, you can order one online after you register for courses or start employment.  You'll need to upload a photo as well as one piece of government ID.

Please review how to successfully upload your photo and government ID.

No head coverings except for religious beliefs or medical reasons, face must be visable. Once your photo is viewed, you will be emailed with further instructions regarding pick-up or mailing.  

Can't upload a photo? Visit us and we'll take one for you - don't forget to bring government ID!

Changes to your bus pass

As of September 2023, you’ll need to use the BC Transit UMO App or a physical BC Transit card to show proof of payment on city buses. The UVic ONECard will no longer operate as your bus pass.

Learn more about bus pass changes

Lost or stolen cards

If you no longer have your card, visit us to get a replacement.  There is a $20 fee for a replacement card.  Make sure you bring some government ID.

If your card is lost or stolen, make sure you freeze your account

Change in status

If your status changes at UVic (i.e., student to grad or student to staff), please bring in your current card to exchange it for a new one.  Your card must be active and functioning in order to exchange it for a new card or the replacement fee will be charged. 

This does not include the alumni Card. All alumni cards are a flat $20 fee.

Load funds

Adding funds to your account online is quick and easy:

Parents, families & supporters

You can gift funds to a card holder using their V0# and date of birth. There us a online min. load of  $5.00.  

Staff & faculty

Staff and faculty can add funds to someone else's account using a FAST account.  Please complete a FAST charge form and email it to us.

Cardholder agreement

The UVic ONECard and the UVic Guest Card are governed by a cardholder agreement and the University of Victoria’s policies, procedures and regulations.