This event sponsored by the Department of Linguistics, Faculty of Humanities and Indigenous Education is being held in order to honour the work undertaken by staff and students of NILDP and NILTT, as well as to facilitate a dialogue around if, or how, the participants would like to tell this story.
Congratulations to our wonderful undergraduate and graduate students in Linguistics, Applied Linguistics, and Indigenous Language Revitalization, who completed degrees or certificates in 2016-17. We're proud of you all! And congratulations also to Laura Davis (BA Ling), who won the Jubilee Medal for the highest standing in Humanities, and to Marianne Huijsmans (MA Ling), who won the Lieutenant’s Governor’s Silver Medal for the best Master's thesis at UVic. Bravo!
Ewa Czaykowska-Higgins is the Linguistics co-investigator on a multi-disciplinary SSHRC Insight Grant, involving team members from French, English, the UVic Libraries, and the Humanities Computing and Media Centre. Through four different case studies, the grant addresses how to conclude and archive projects in Digital Humanities so as to maintain their dynamic features and ensure their long term usability.
Congratulations to Ben James-Groon! The 2016 winner of the Margaret and Richard Beck Research Travel Award which provides travel to Iceland for the purpose of research or course work.
- Information Session: Are you thinking of applying for a Linguistics Master's Degree?
- Visiting Research Student to investigate language change
- New Post-Doc joins UVic Linguistics
- Algonquian Linguistic Atlas now includes Siksiká Blackfoot
- Job posting: Humanities AV/computer support
- VOCALiD Victoria Voice Drive
- Language in the Present (LiP): Program up and registration open
- Upcoming colloquium: Prof. Allan Bell
- Upcoming: Experimental Phonetics Poster Session
- Upcoming colloquium: Jessica Wormald
- Upcoming: Algonquian linguistics poster session
- Colloquium: Mark Turin (UBC)
- Upcoming colloquium: Kathleen Currie Hall
- IDEAFEST: Drs. D'Arcy and Bird showcase their work in Humanities in a Lab Coat
- IDEAFEST Postdoctoral Panel organized by Linguistics post-doc Dr. Heather Bliss
- TODAY: Martina Wiltshko
- Join Drs. Peter Jacobs and Lorna Williams at the Royal BC Museum.
- Upcoming: NWLC conference hosted by UVic Linguistics students
- We're going to the Majors Fair!
- Colloquium: Keir Moulton
- Come to the 8th Annual Applied Linguistics Fair
- Colloquium: Catherine Best
- Workshop on Applying to Graduate School
- UVic Linguistics hosts conference on the (Phonetic) Building Blocks of Speech, September 18-20, 2014
- September 2014: Welcome and Welcome Back!
- June 2014: Congratulations to all our Graduates!
- Our iPA Phonetics APP Hits the Apple Store
- Dr. Barbara Pritchard Harris Remembered
- UVic Linguistics Profs Huang and Saxon honoured
- UVic Linguistics welcomes Dr. Alec Marantz as a Lansdowne Lecturer March 26-28
- Come to the 7th Annual Applied Linguistics Fair
- Dr Trish Rosborough coming on March 13
- LING Undergrads Nicole Edgar and Geoff Stevenson presenting at the JCURA Fair
- Dr Nicole Rosen coming on February 27
- Annual Linguistics Department Research Forum and Social Hour