Program list & descriptions
Visual Arts ( Masters )
Join our dynamic and engaging academic environment and you join a community of contagious creativity. Students may pursue a MFA or a combined degree in the visual arts and computer science, working in any of the following disciplines:
- Digital media
|BFA||B with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Visual Arts (students who do not hold a BFA in Visual Arts should contact the department)|
Applicants must also meet the general admission requirements for the Faculty of Graduate Studies.
|Entry point||Domestic students||International students|
|September||January 15||December 15|
EXAMS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Statement of intent
- For details and portfolio requirements, please consult the Visual Arts website
|Chair||Paul Walde||250-721-8010||VIA A244email@example.com|
|Department Secretary||Laura Nuttall||250-721-8011||VIA A244firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Facilities and Production Manager||Daniel Wilkin||250-721-8019||VIA A103email@example.com|
|Digital Media Technician||Cliff Haman||250-472-5310||FIA firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Workshops Technician||Chris Lindsay||250-721-6665||VIA B117bemail@example.com|
What is co-op?
Co-operative education (co-op) is a learning strategy that lets you:
- alternate your academic studies with paid, relevant work experience in your field of study
- enrich your academic studies by drawing on practical, real-world experience from your work terms
- develop competencies to excel in the workplace
- potentially pursue work terms related to your graduate research or project
Can you do co-op?
Graduate co-op may be available to students who are pursuing thesis and non-thesis (or professional) degrees. Participation is optional, and admission is determined after consultation with your graduate adviser and department. Contact the co-op program in your degree area for details, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Co-op is not open to one-year graduate degrees, graduate certificates and diplomas, and non-degree graduate students.
What other career development support does UVic offer?
UVic Co-op and Career can support you through every stage of your career development, through:
- One-on-one career guidance
- Career development programs and workshops
- On-campus networking opportunities with employers
- Online work search resources
- Competency development and assessment
Looking for work?
Apply for all types of job opportunities at learninginmotion.uvic.ca.