Program list & descriptions
Political Science ( Masters )
This master's program provides an opportunity for advanced research in most areas of political science. The emphasis of the program is on developing the analytical capacities, theoretical understanding, and research skills necessary for further work as a political scientist, policy analyst, diplomat, journalist, social activist or public servant.
|BA||B+ in final two years|
Applicants must also meet the general admission requirements for the Faculty of Graduate Studies.
|Entry point||Domestic students||International students|
|September||January 15||January 15
EXAMS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Statement of intent
- Sample of written work
- TOEFL 100 (internet based)
- For details, please consult the Political Science website
|Department Secretary||Joy Austin||250-721-6637||DTB A316firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Receptionist||Tamaya Moreton||250-472-5458||DTB A316email@example.com|
|Graduate Secretary||Joanne Denton||250-721-7486||DTB A316firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Administrative Officer||Rosemary Barlow||250-853-3567||DTB A316aemail@example.com|
|Chair||Avigail Eisenberg||250-853-3528||DTB A316bfirstname.lastname@example.org|
What is co-op?
Co-operative education (co-op) is a learning strategy that lets you:
- alternate your academic studies with paid, relevant work experience in your field of study
- enrich your academic studies by drawing on practical, real-world experience from your work terms
- develop competencies to excel in the workplace
- potentially pursue work terms related to your graduate research or project
Can you do co-op?
Graduate co-op may be available to students who are pursuing thesis and non-thesis (or professional) degrees. Participation is optional, and admission is determined after consultation with your graduate adviser and department. Contact the co-op program in your degree area for details, or email email@example.com.
Note: Co-op is not open to one-year graduate degrees, graduate certificates and diplomas, and non-degree graduate students.
What other career development support does UVic offer?
UVic Co-op and Career can support you through every stage of your career development, through:
- One-on-one career guidance
- Career development programs and workshops
- On-campus networking opportunities with employers
- Online work search resources
- Competency development and assessment
Looking for work?
Apply for all types of job opportunities at learninginmotion.uvic.ca.