Advising services

  • Do you want to know the course requirements and differences between majors, minors, and honours programs?
  • Thinking about choosing an option?
  • Do you want to know if a course can be transferred to our department?
  • Are you interested in undertaking a self-directed research project?

Contact  Sue Butler (on leave), Computer Science Undergraduate Advisor 
ECS 512 

Acting Computer Science Undergraduate Advisor, Irene Statham


Sue is available to help you with:

  • course selection and progression
  • grading, academic standing and academic support 
  • declaring your program and information on co-op
  • degree completion and graduation questions

, Undergraduate Studies Program Coordinator, oversees the operation of and changes to the undergraduate program and is available to meet with students.

, Honours Advisor is available to assist students interested in the honours program as well as students currently enrolled in the honours program.

For advising help with interdisciplinary or combined programs with Computer Science, please contact the relevant Faculty Advisor.


Students in the Faculty of Engineering need to register in one of the following lecture sections:

Fall 2018

CSC 106 A01, CRN 10669

CSC 110 A01 or A03, CRNS 10680 or 10682


CSC 111 A01 or A03, CRNS 10699 or 10701

Spring 2019

CSC 106 A01, CRN 20617

CSC 110 A01, CRN 20628

CSC 115 A01 or A03, CRNS 20642 or 20644

Other sections and all labs are open to all students from any program as long as you have the stated pre-requisite.


Revised Advising Hours:

Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays:  9:30 am - 11:30 am

Tuesdays, Thursdays:  12:30 pm - 2:30 pm

If you are unable to meet at these times, please contact to make an appointment.  Please do not drop by outside advising hours.

For advice regarding the MSc and PhD programs in the department, please visit the Graduate students page.

Academic integrity requires commitment to values of honesty, trust, fairness, respect, and responsibility.

Undergraduate Forms

Please visit the Office of the Registrar's forms website for these additional forms:

  • Course change form
  • Pro Forma course
  • Request for academic concession