Centres and organizations
Innovative things happen when researchers with shared interests and diverse perspectives work together to tackle big questions.
UVic research centres and organizations enhance connections among different academic areas on campus, promote partnerships with external organizations, and provide training opportunities for students.
- Astronomy Research Centre (ARC)
- Centre for Aboriginal Health Research (CAHR)
- Centre for Addictions Research BC (CARBC)
- Centre for Advanced Materials and Related Technology (CAMTEC)
- Centre for Asia Pacific Initiatives (CAPI)
- Centre for Biomedical Research (CFBR)
- Centre for Early Childhood Research and Policy (formerly REACH)(CECRP)
- Centre for Forest Biology (FORB)
- Centre for Global Studies (CFGS)
- Centre for Social and Sustainable Innovation (CSSI)
- Centre for Studies in Religion and Society (CSRS)
- Centre for Youth and Society (CFYS)
- Centre on Aging (COAG)
- Institute for Integrated Energy Systems(IESVic)
- Institute for Studies & Innovation in Community-University Engagement (ISICUE)
- Pacific Institute for Climate Solutions (PICS)
- Victoria Subatomic Physics and Accelerator research centre (VISPA)
Networks of Centres of Excellence of Canada are large-scale virtual research centres that bring together multiple partners from universities, industry, government and not-for-profit organizations.
Networks conduct basic and applied research in areas critical to economic and social development, with the overall goal of improving the quality of life for Canadians.
UVic faculty participate in the research programs of seven of the 12 current national Networks of Centres of Excellence:
- The Automobile of the 21st Century (AUTO 21)
- Canadian Water Network (CWN)
- Carbon Management Canada (CMC)
- Graphics, Animation and New Media Canada (GRAND)
- Marine Environmental, Observation, Prediction and Response Network (MEOPAR)
- Neurodevelopmental Network (NeuroDevNet)
- Technology Evaluation in the Elderly Network (TVN)