University Systems help centre
Import an iCal calendar: Outlook 2007
The iCal file format is best suited for exporting and importing information from and to Outlook, Entourage, and Oracle calendars. Click here for instructions on adding holidays and religious observances.
We do not recommend importing future calendar data from Oracle calendar into Outlook as some information will be lost during the import. However, this method will work well if you wish to retain older calendaring data from Oracle and have it available to you in Outlook.
- Open Outlook and login to your account.
- From the File menu, select Import and Export... to open the Import and Export Wizard.
- Select Import an iCalendar (.ics) or vCalendar file (.vcs) and click Next.
- Locate and select the iCalendar file that contains the data you wish to import into Outlook and click OK.
- At this stage you will be presented with the options to import the data into your current calendar or to create a new calendar where this data will be exported. If this file contains historical data that has been archived, we recommend adding the data into a new calendar folder by clicking the Open as New button. If you click on the Import button, the file will be imported directly into your current calendar.
- If you decided to import the file into a new calendar, you may rename your newly created calendar by right clicking on the calendar name in Other calendars area and selecting Rename.