Stores Services Information
- 2011 Scope of Services statement
- How to Submit Electonic Orders to Stores
- OHSE Compressed Gasses Safety
- Step-by-step for Compressed Gases
- Cryogens (liquid nitrogen) Safety
Occupational Health, Safety and Environment
Safety information for researchers is available on the UVic OHSE website and includes information for:
- Hazardous waste disposal
- MSDS forms
- Biosafety information
- Chemical safety
- Radiation safety
- Importing biohazardous or infectious items
The UVic Purchasing website has forms and information on the following:
- Always store cylinders securely - Science Stores sells bench and wall clamps for this purpose.
- Before moving a cylinder ensure that the regulator is removed and the safety cap is in place.
- Always use a cart to move cylinders.
- Toxic gases should only be used in appropriate cabinets or fumehoods.
- Check that your regulator is connected correctly and test that there are no leaks (CO2 requires a washer).
- If you notice a leak, close the main valve on the cylinder and repair the leak.
- Close the main valve when a cylinder is not being used.