We're going places
UVic researchers are creating new knowledge to enhance the social, cultural and economic well-being of people in Canada and around the world. We're also making sure these ideas get into the hands of the people that can use them best.
Looking to partner on research? Click over to the Research Partnerships and Knowledge Mobilization unit to learn more about our suite of practical services that can help you partner on and transfer your ideas:
- Oceans & climate
- Global change & sustainability
- Society & health
- Genomics & proteomics
- Indigenous & cultural studies
- Matter & energy
- Computational modelling & information technology
- Fine & performing arts
Dr. Oliver Schmidtke is a professor of history (humanities) and political science (social sciences) and is the director of UVic's Centre for Global Studies. Since 2006, Schmidtke has also held one of three Jean Monnet chairs in European politics and history at the university. Activities of the chair include research on various aspects of European integration, a particular specialty of Schmidtke's.
View more Faces of UVic Research videos.
Faces of UVic Research is an ongoing video series showcasing the passion and commitment of University of Victoria researchers.
UVic KnowlEDGE is a continuing series of feature stories published every month in the Victoria Times Colonist. Each story profiles a researcher's work with a focus on how he or she is making a difference to our lives and the world around us.
Recent profiles include:
- Trisalyn Nelson takes location and environmental measurements. The BEAR FACTS ... and more
- Carolyn Butler-Palmer in collaboration with Tahltan Nation artist Peter Morin created a project to make the biggest button blanket in the world
- UVic's Maker Lab, under the inspirational leadership of Jentery Sayers
- CanAssist has launched an accessible game controller