Applying for Admission
You are invited to complete an official online application provided that you meet the entrance requirements. The application fee is non-refundable. The Department does not make preliminary evaluations of applications.
The Graduate Admissions & Records Office will initially evaluate the file based on the unofficial documents you upload to your online application. If it meets minimum entrance requirements, their office will then forward the application to the Department for further evaluation by respective faculty members. We receive many qualified appliations every year but limits of space and funding prevent us from accepting as many students as we would like.
- We require a BA, BSc with a minimum B+ standing (typically in computer science/computer engineering/software engineering or its equivalent)
- We require a master's degree in Computer Science, or the equivalent, with a first-class standing (A-)
All applications should include the following:
- Application form (online)
- Academic transcripts from previous institutions
- Two assessment reports (from academic or professinal contacts)
- CV / resume
- English language proficiency (if applicable)
- Statement of intent (brief explanation of career goals and areas of research interest)
- GRE (optional, but highly recommended for international students)
Applicants should refer to the Submission of Documents from the Graduate Studies' website which also includes general admissions information.