Janitorial Services is responsible for a variety of custodial services. The team is dedicated to providing a clean and healthy environment for the campus community as outlined in our Green Cleaning Policy and Program. The department operates 7 days a week with staff working day, afternoon, night and weekend shifts.
Who can use this service?
How do I request or access this service?
- cleaning building entrances and up to 3m outside the door area
- upkeep of entrance mats
- emptying waste and recycling receptacles
- cleaning and sanitizing washrooms
- replenishing dispensers in washrooms and lounges
- dust mop and washing floors
- vacuuming carpets
- dusting window sills, ledges, high surfaces, baseboards and cleared desk tops
- cleaning inside glass surfaces (mirrors, door-glass, windows, etc.)
- setting up tables and chairs for academic functions
- removing graffiti
- attending to spills
Project and restorative work
- shampooing/extracting of carpets
- stripping and refinishing of floors
- cleaning outside windows
- cleaning after special functions
- lectern set up
These services are preauthorized by the coordinators and/or by request:
- cleaning student lockers managed by Facilities Management
- pest control inside buildings