Digital Audio Recorders
The Samson Zoom H2 is a portable digital audio recorder with 4 mic capsules for 360° recording. Perfect for focus groups, back-up audio for video recording sessions, and interviews.
Available for loan in D209.
Samson Zoom H2 User Manual
The H2 Zoom Audio Recorder can be used for two different purposes:
1. It can be used as a microphone with recorder to make Audio recordings.
2. It can be used as an external microphone for a computer.
To use it as a microphone:
1. Plug the H2 into a computer using the USB cable
2. Turn of the H2 AFTER it has been plugged in to the computer
3. Select Audio from the options on the screen using the skip forward/ skip backward buttons to highlight your choice and press the red record button to select it.
To use it as a recorder:
1. Turn on the H2
2. If possible use the supplied power cable to plug it in, otherwise keep an eye on the batteries
3. Press the red record button to select your levels, the red LED will be flashing
4. Press the red record button AGAIN to start recording, the red LED will be solid
5. Press the red record button a third time to stop your recording.
To listen back to you recording, plug in headphones or external speakers and press the play button.
Often there are other applications that work well with your software or do similar things and might be better suited to your task. Check out these related applications:
Garageband - Allows users to create music with virtual instruments and sound editing, as well as create podcasts.
Audacity - A great freeware program for editing audio.
Sountrack Pro - Advanced audio editing suite.