Maps, buildings and directions
2D campus maps
Map date: April 2016
- View accessibility map (GIF) (parking, entrances, ramps, TTY)
- Colour (PDF)
- French (GIF)
- French (PDF)
Map date: April 2016
|A Hut (HTA)|
|A. Wilfrid Johns Gallery (MAC A wing)|
|Administrative Services (ASB) - now Michael Williams (MWB)|
|Alumni House (Now a part of ISC)|
|B Hut (HTB)|
|Bamfield Marine Sciences Centre (BMS)|
|Bob Wright Centre - Ocean, Earth and Atmospheric Sciences (BWC)|
|Business and Economics (BEC)|
Cback to top
|David Lam Auditorium (MAC A144)|
|David Turpin (DTB, formerly SSM)|
|E Hut (HTE)|
|Elliot Lecture Theatre (ELL)|
|Engineering/Computer Science (ECS)|
|Engineering Lab Wing (ELW)|
|Engineering Office Wing (EOW)|
|Enterprise Data Centre|
|Family Centre (Family Student Housing; Block 3A)|
|Family Housing (Lam Family Student Housing; R01-39)|
|Farquhar Auditorium (UVC B115)|
|Fine Arts (FIA)|
|First Peoples House|
|Fraser (Murray and Anne Fraser, FRA)|
|Glover Greenhouse Facility (Bev Glover Greenhouse Facility; GGF)|
|Graduate Student Centre (Halpern Centre for Graduate Students; GSC)|
|Halpern Centre for Graduate Students (GSC)|
|Health Centre (Petersen Health Centre; HEA)|
|Hickman (HHB; formerly Centre for Innovative Teaching)|
|Human and Social Development (HSD)|
|Ian Stewart Complex (ISC)|
|Interfaith Chapel (CHA)|
|Lam Auditorium (David Lam Auditorium; MAC A144)|
|Lam Family Student Housing (R01-39)|
|Lou-Poy Child Care Centre (HLP)|
|Maltwood Art Museum and Gallery (UVC B114a)|
|Marine Technology Centre (MTC)|
|McPherson Library (LIB)|
|Mearns Centre for Learning (MCL)|
|Medical Sciences (MSB)|
|Michael Williams (MWB)|
|Michele Pujol Room (SUB A121)|
|Outdoor Aquatic Unit (OAU)|
|Ocean, Earth and Atmospheric Sciences (BWC)|
|Petersen Health Centre (HEA)|
|Phillip T. Young Recital Hall (MAC B125)|
|Priestly Law Library (Fraser Building)|
|Pujol Room (SUB A121)|
|Q Hut (HTQ)|
Rback to top
|Saunders Annex (SAA)|
|Social Sciences & Mathematics (SSM)|
|Stewart Complex (Ian Stewart Complex; ISC)|
|Strong (David F. Strong; DSB)|
|Student Union (SUB)|
|Technology Enterprise Facility (TEF)|
|University Centre (UVC)|
|University Centre Farquhar Auditorium (UVC B115)|
|University Club (UCL)|
|University House 1 (UH1)|
|University House 2 (UH2)|
|University House 3 (UH3)|
|University House 4 (UH4)|
|V Hut (HTV)|
|Visual Arts (VIA)|
|Y Hut (HTY)|
The University of Victoria (UVic) is located in Victoria, British Columbia. Victoria is situated on the southern tip of Vancouver Island.
There is no fixed connection (bridge or roadway) connecting Vancouver Island to mainland BC. Here are three ways you can travel to the island:
- There is a regularly scheduled ferry service from Vancouver and the Gulf Islands (bcferries.com, bcfconnector.com) and from Washington State (cohoferry.com, wsdot.wa.gov/ferries).
- Victoria International Airport serves flights from Vancouver, Seattle, and many other locations.
- Float planes connect Victoria with Seattle and Vancouver
- Ferry/driving: Take the Swartz Bay ferry from Tsawwassen Ferry Terminal (1-hour-and-35-minute sailing time). You will exit the ferry terminal on the Patricia Bay Highway (17 South). After 29 km take Exit 7, McKenzie Avenue. Turn left onto McKenzie Ave. After about 8 km turn right onto McGill Road, the main entrance to UVic. The drive takes about 30 minutes.
- Air: Harbour Air lands in the Inner Harbour of Downtown Victoria. From there you can catch a bus or a taxi (victoriataxi.com, taxicab.com, yellowcabvictoria.com) to UVic. The main bus routes from downtown to UVic are: 4, 7, 11, 14, or 15. Check the current bus schedule.
- Driving: Victoria International Airport is located off of the Patricia Bay Highway (Highway 17), a 30- to 40-minute drive north of UVic. When driving from the airport, follow the signs to Victoria or City Centre. These will lead you onto Highway 17. Once on Highway 17, drive 29 km and take Exit 7, McKenzie Avenue. Turn left onto McKenzie Avenue. After about 8 km, turn right onto McGill Road, the main entrance to UVic. The drive takes about 30 minutes.
- The YYJ Airport Shuttle offers service from the airport to many locations in Victoria. Buses leave every half hour between 4 a.m. and midnight, 7 days a week.
- From Nanaimo, take Highway 1 south towards Victoria. Drive 107 km. Once you reach the McKenzie Avenue and Admiral Road intersection (Exit 6), turn left. Follow McKenzie Avenue east for 8 km until you reach Gordon Head Road. Continue past this intersection and take the immediate right onto McGill Road. The drive takes about 1 hour and 35 minutes.
- From Sooke, take Highway 14 east towards Victoria. In Colwood, turn onto Highway 1 south to Victoria. Once you reach the McKenzie Avenue and Admiral Road intersection (Exit 6), turn left. Follow McKenzie Avenue east for about 8 km until you reach Gordon Head Road. Continue past this intersection and take the immediate right onto McGill Road. The drive takes about 50 minutes.
- The Blackball Ferry or the Clipper will dock in Victoria’s Inner Harbour. To drive from downtown Victoria to UVic, follow Belleville Street east to Blanshard Street. Turn north on to Blanshard and follow it for about 10 km. Then, turn right onto the McKenzie Avenue and drive east for about 11 km until you reach Gordon Head Road. Continue past this intersection and take the immediate right onto McGill Road. The trip takes about 3 and a half hours.
- From the Anacordes Ferry you dock in Sidney. From there follow the signs to Victoria on the Patricia Bay Highway (Highway 17). After 29 km take the McKenzie Avenue exit (Exit 7). Turn left onto McKenzie Ave. After about 8 km turn right onto McGill Road, the main UVic entrance just in front of Centennial Stadium. The trip takes about 5 hours.
"Direct Dial to Campus Security" public phones are located across campus. They are identified by a red and white Security sign and a corresponding number.
Emergency evacuation maps
Residence information and location map
- Campus dining map (PDF)
- University Food Services
- UVSS (SUB) Food outlets
- GSS The Grad House Restaurant
- The University Club
In addition to a large multi-stall, gender-neutral washroom in the Student Union Building (SUB), there are many single-stall washrooms on campus.
UVic is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for students, employees and visitors. Beginning September 1, 2011, smoking is only permitted in designated areas outside Ring Road. Look for the marked benches and new cigarette receptacles in convenient and accessible locations within a three-minute walk of any campus building.
BC Transit provides bus service to the Gordon Head campus
- Cycling route map (JPG)
- Cycling route map (PDF)
- Cycling amenities map (GIF)
- Cycling amenities map (PDF)
- Cycling amenities information
The expansion of the Facilities Management Service Building, approximately 533 m2 in size, is located north of Saunders Building. Visit the Campus Planning Current Projects website for details and more project updates.
Recently completed buildings
- Continuing Studies Building
- Centre for Athletics, Recreation and Special Abilities (CARSA)
- Mystic Market (University Centre)
- Bob Wright Centre - Ocean, Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
- First Peoples House
- South Tower student residence
Questions? Contact Facilities Management at 250-721-7616.