Printing and photocopying
Self-serve grayscale and colour high-speed laser printing and photocopying services using your NetLink ID printing account are available at multiple locations across UVic for your convenience. You may print from the computers in our facilities or set up your Windows or Mac OS X-based notebook computer to print over UVic's wireless network.
You can access your printing account details online.
All prices are per printed side.
To release a print job, you will need to have funds available on your NetLink ID printing account.
You can add funds with your Visa™, MasterCard™, and Interac™ card at the computing faclities in the Business and Economics, Clearihue and Human and Social Development Buildings, and at the McPherson Library Main Desk.
Credit can also be added online with the UVIC online Printing Account Credit Pay system. This site is the only official UVic Printing Account Ecommerce site and accepts Visa or MasterCard payments only. There is a $10 minimum and $100 maximum transtraction limit.
If you prefer to use cash it is accepted at the front desk of the Clearihue Computing Facility (Clearihue A112) or the McPherson Library Main Desk.
We do not refund excess funds on accounts. Therefore, only add enough credit to your account to meet your printing needs.
When you login at one of the print release stations or photocopiers (in the Business and Economics, Clearihue, Human and Social Development and MacLaurin buildings only) and release or make a copy, the applicable funds will be deducted from your printing account.
Note: All printers are setup to automatically duplex (print double-sided).
You can use your NetLink ID printing account in these areas:
- Student Computing Facilities (Clearihue, Business and Economics, and Human and Social Development buildings) — includes photocopiers*
- McPherson Library Learning Commons (Mearns Centre and McPherson Library)
- Diana M. Priestly Law Library
- Curriculum Library (MacLaurin D201) — includes photocopiers*
- Faculty of Education digital studios (MacLaurin D282, MacLaurin D211, MacLaurin A222)
- Faculty of Engineering computing facilities
- Faculty of Fine Arts Studios for Integrated Media (SIM). (Fine Arts Building rooms 215 and 236) - coming soon!
- School of Earth and Ocean Sciences lab - coming soon!
*Photocopiers in other buildings across campus will continue to use the library copy card until further notice.
Policy for refunds
- No refunds will be given for unspent balance on any NetLink ID printing account.
- Refunds for print jobs will only be granted for the following reasons and are at the discretion of facility staff:
- Fading or streaked printer toner;
- Paper jams where printer does not automatically reprint the job;
- Printer has to be powered down to fix an error and print job does not print upon powering back up;
- Formatting issues where staff have assisted.
- Upon graduation there will be a one year grace period for using up any NetLink ID printing account balance.
- Twelve (12) months after graduation or eighteen (18) months of inactivity in lieu of graduation, the NetLink ID printing account will be deleted.
Note: You are encouraged to spend your balance or transfer your balance to another person (see staff for assistance) prior to graduating or leaving the university for more than 18 months.
Any concerns or questions about the above policy can be directed to email@example.com.