Printing and photocopying
Self-serve grayscale and colour high-speed laser printing and photocopying services are available for a fee at all the student computing facilities using your NetLink ID printing account.
You can access your printing account details and add money to your account online.
All prices are per printed side.
To release a print job, you will need to have funds available on your NetLink ID printing account.
You can add funds with your Visa™, MasterCard™, and Interac™ card at the facilities in the Clearihue, HSD, BEC, and McPherson library buildings.
Credit can also be added online by going to http://www.uvic.ca/pao. This site is the only official UVic Printing Account Ecommerce site and accepts Visa or MasterCard payments only.
If you prefer to use cash it is accepted at the front desk of the Clearihue Computing Facility (CLEA112) or the McPherson Library main desk.
We do not refund excess funds on accounts. Therefore, only add enough credit to your account to meet your printing needs.
When you login at one of the student computing facilities print release stations or photocopiers and select or request a copy, the applicable funds will be deducted from your printing account.
Note: All printers are setup to automatically duplex (print double-sided).
You can use your NetLink ID printing account in these areas:
- All student computing facilities — includes photocopiers*
- McPherson Library
- Curriculum Library (MAC D201) — includes photocopiers*
- EDUC Digital Studios (MAC D282, MAC D211, MAC A222)
- Engineering Computer Labs in the ELW building
*Photocopiers in other buildings across campus will continue to use the library copy card until further notice.
Policy for refunds
- No refunds will be given for unspent balance on any NetLink ID printing account.
- Refunds for print jobs will only be granted for the following reasons and are at the discretion of facility staff:
- Fading or streaked printer toner;
- Paper jams where printer does not automatically reprint the job;
- Printer has to be powered down to fix an error and print job does not print upon powering back up;
- Formatting issues where staff have assisted.
- Upon graduation there will be a one year grace period for using up any NetLink ID printing account balance.
- Twelve (12) months after graduation or eighteen (18) months of inactivity in lieu of graduation, the NetLink ID printing account will be deleted.
Note: You are encouraged to spend your balance or transfer your balance to another person (see staff for assistance) prior to graduating or leaving the university for more than 18 months.
Any concerns or questions about the above policy can be directed to email@example.com.