About our programs
We offer programs leading to the degrees of Master of Science and Doctor of Philosophy in Chemistry. Our graduate students gain the opportunity to learn research skills and carry out research projects supervised by departmental faculty.
Grad students find our programs to be:
- Collegial - Our non-traditional research structure promotes interaction between research groups. Students, faculty and staff are all comfortable bouncing ideas off each other, to everyone's benefit, both in and out of the lab.
- Accessible - The department is well equipped and boasts a top-notch support staff. Students are encouraged to learn to use our state-of-the-art instrumentation, and rarely experience wait times for access to machines.
- Balanced - We are a dynamic and innovative research department, and we help our students to be good teachers. The strength of our undergraduate laboratory program reflects the support and training our graduate TAs receive.
Learn about detailed program requirements for the MSc in chemistry and PhD in chemistry and current graduate-level courses and future graduate courses offered in the next two years. You'll also find information about financial support available for graduate students.
More questions about the graduate admissions process? Contact Lori Aasebo, our graduate secretary.
- Graduate Admissions and Records - general information about graduate studies at UVic, including downloadable forms and publications.
- UVic Calendar - the official guide to all UVic programs, services and regulations. It includes information on graduate programs in chemistry, admission requirements, and general information on graduate studies at UVic.
- The university's policy on Academic Integrity.
- Registration and Timetable information.