Office of the University Secretary
The Office of the University Secretary serves as the corporate secretariat for the university's governing bodies: the Board of Governors and the Senate. The office is the repository for information on all matters relating to these bodies.
The Office of the University Secretary is responsible for coordinating, facilitating and recording the activities of the university's foundations and senior advisory committees. The office is also responsible for matters related to privacy and access to information, equity and human rights, policy and elections.
UVic operates under the authority of the University Act and is governed by a Board of Governors and a Senate.
- University Act
- Board of Governors (membership | meetings | minutes)
- Senate (membership | meetings | minutes)
- Student appeals
- Other bodies & committees
Our website provides a central location for current policies and procedures approved by UVic's Board of Governors, Senate or administration.
- Browse & search policies
- Policy development & review (Policy on University Policies and Procedures - pdf)
- Resources & tools
- Frequently asked questions