The mission of the office is to promote the good governance of the University of Victoria through service as the university’s corporate secretariat, including:
- the provision of high quality support to the Board of Governors, Senate, Foundations and senior advisory committees of the university;
- the effective and timely administration of appeals, elections, ratifications, executive searches;
- effective and timely administration of matters related to privacy and access to information;
- oversight of the development of records management policies and procedures and the Directory of Records;
- the coordination and facilitation of university policy review and development and maintenance of the university’s official policy manual;
- administrative oversight and facilitation of equity and human rights activities; and
- provision of support to the Chancellor and oversight of Convocation on behalf of Senate.