Why study psychology at UVic?
- Benefit from a unique combination of strong foundational knowledge, a vibrant research community and hands-on field experience.
- Explore important issues: addiction, gambling, immigration, parenting, suicide, homelessness, sports concussion outcomes, aging and more.
- Participate in active student groups and close student-faculty relationships.
- Get involved in research in our excellent lab facilities and through partnerships with research centres.
- Gain real-life experience through co-op and work placements.
Exposure to research taught me to work hard, think critically and collaborate with others for the best results.—Lucy Bartlett, undergraduate student
Study what interests you
Our undergraduate curriculum is organized into four streams. These streams focus your studies on a particular area within the very wide field of psychology. What are you curious about and where you want to end up? Dive into the courses that will take you there.
Enhancing our understanding of how individuals change and grow, and the different factors that influence this process.