Family housing is available for families with or without children. Units are rented to eligible UVic students on a yearly basis, up to a maximum stay of five years (or fifteen consecutive semesters) per family.
For complete eligibility requirements, refer to the Family Housing Agreement.
Note: we do not permit smoking, subletting or pets (with hte exception of guide dogs).
Definition of family
For the purposes of admission to UVic family housing, a family unit can be defined as one of the following:
- Two people who are legally married, with or without children
- Two people who have lived together in a provable, enduring continuous relationship for a period of one year or more, with or without children
- A single parent living with their children
- Children of single parents must reside full-time in the residential premises for at least 6 months of any calendar year
- Children may be biological, legally adopted or under legal guardianship of the parents
To be eligible for family housing, at least one parent must be registered as a full-time UVic student.
- Undergraduate students must be registered in a degree-granting program with at least 12 units per academic year (September 1 - August 31) and a minimum of 9 units from September - April.
- Graduate students must have full-time status confirmed by the Faculty of Graduate Studies.
Number of occupants
The maximum number of occupants allowed are defined according to the size of the unit.
|Accommodation type||Maximum # of adults||Maximum # of children|
|One-bedroom apartment||Two (2) adults||One (1) child under the age of 5|
|Two-bedroom apartment||Two (2) adults||Two (2) children under the age of 19|
|Two-bedroom townhouse||Two (2) adults||Two (2) children under the age of 19|
|Three-bedroom townhouse||Two (2) adults||Three (3) children under the age of 19|