The Family Centre is an inclusive resource centre located in the family housing complex that supports a diverse student family community living both on and off campus. The Family Centre recognizes the specific needs of families where one or more members is a student, offering a welcoming space to families new to student life and those who have been around for a while.
- There are six different play areas throughout family housing with swings, climbing structures, slides, a basketball court and other equipment.
- Numerous walking trails are located throughout the campus, and on-campus recreational facilities are open to your entire family (fees may apply).
- Cadboro-Gyro Park is a beautiful, oceanfront park and beach within walking distance to UVic, and close to various shops (including a grocery store and pharmacy).
The following schools are nearby UVic:
- Frank Hobbs Elementary School
- Campus View Elementary School (French Immersion)
- Arbutus Junior Secondary School
- Mount Douglas Secondary School
Visit the Greater Victoria School District website for more information on local public schools.
Counselling Services offers free, confidential counselling to help currently enrolled degree-program UVic students address personal, career and learning concerns, in order to increase student engagement and success.
Campus Security provides a safe walk service for members of the university community that operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The service is provided from building to building, building to vehicle, and vice versa within the boundaries of the campus, including the Ian Stewart Complex.