Your residence staff
The Residence Life & Education Team is comprised of caring, talented and energetic student and professional staff members who are committed to developing and supporting the population of nearly 2,300 students living in residence. The team is responsible for reinforcing and upholding our community living standards.
Community Leaders are student-staff members who act as your primary resource living in residence. CLs live in each residence neighbourhood and support students to ensure they have the best residence experience possible by:
- providing conflict mediation/resolution, crisis intervention or a safe space to talk should you ever need it
- organizing and hosting programs and events throughout the year that help connect you with other people in your area, reduce stress and facilitate learning
- addressing incidents in the moment and following up on behavioural and community concerns that are brought to the attention of Residence Services.
Senior Community Leaders
Senior Community Leaders are student-staff members who:
- mentor and coach the CL team
- develop residence-wide programs and educational opportunities for residents
- follow up on behavioural concerns that are brought to the attention of Residence Services staff.
Residence Life Coordinators
Residence Life Coordinators are professional staff members who live on-campus. They are responsible for developing a positive and respectful living environment that promotes academic success, leadership and civic engagement, personal growth, and inclusion among all residents.
The RLCs supervise the CLs and SCLs, and work on a variety of special projects to enhance your residence life experience. They are also responsible for following up on all behavioural concerns that are brought to the attention of Residence Services.
Front desk staff
The Front desk staff are your first point of contact when you enter the Craigdarroch Residence Services Office. They can assist you with:
- borrowing keys if you are locked out of your room
- receiving packages via mail or courier
- paying residence fees
- answering any questions you have about residence (or finding someone who can).
Housekeeping staff (service workers)
Service workers are responsible for the basic cleaning and tidying of common areas in the residence community, including lounges, hallways and shared bathrooms. They are present in the residence buildings every day of the week during regular business hours, providing residents with a clean and safe environment in which to live.