Information for graduate students
Dr. Rhodes feels it's important to inspire a love of research in his graduate students. It's also important that you develop the knowledge and skills required for an independent program of research.
Dr. Rhodes works hard to enhance the quality of the graduate student experience, to encourage and support excellence in research, and to promote a sense of community between himself and those under his supervision.
He makes every effort to include his students extensively in his research program as project directors and research assistants. In these situations, where you have made original contributions, you will receive co-authorship on papers.
Learn more about...
- Dr. Rhodes' expectations for his graduate students.
- graduate supervision offered.
- awards and scholarships Dr. Rhodes' students have received.
- living in Victoria.
- graduate orientation, funding, and other services, please see going to UVic.
Although school work is an integral part of student life, it's equally important to attend scholarly conferences. You'll have an opportunity to share your research findings and work, gain academic and research experiences on and off campus, and make connections with fellow graduate researchers, as well as professionals. You are encouraged to attend these conferences.
- American Psychological Association Annual Conference
- International Congress of Behavioral Medicine
- International Congress on Physical Activity and Public Health
- International Federation on Aging Global Conference
- International Society for Gerontechnology Conference
- International Society for Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity Annual Meeting
- North American Society for the Psychology of Sport and Physical Activity Conference
- Society of Behavioral Medicine Annual Meeting
- Self-determination theory 2013 conference
- World Psychiatric Association World Congress of Psychiatry
- Gerontological Society of America Annual Scientific Meeting
- American College of Sports Medicine
- CIHR Institute on Aging
- Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists Conference
- Canadian Association on Gerontology Annual Scientific and Educational Meeting
- Canadian Psychological Association Annual Convention
- Canadian Physiotherapy Association Congress
- Canadian Society for Exercise Physiology Conference
- Canadian Society for Psychomotor Learning and Sport Psychology Annual Conference
- Physical and Health Education Canada conference
- BC Network for Aging Research Annual Conference
- Connections - Faculty of Education, University of Victoria