Working at UVic
If you ask our people what makes their UVic experience unique and enables them to be successful, they describe the high degree of collegiality and the level of support they receive from colleagues and services. They describe academic departments with internal processes to guide early career faculty through their first research grant applications. They talk about teaching circles, mentors and comprehensive orientation programs.
Across our campus, our faculty, librarians, and administrators are energized by abundant opportunities to collaborate both within and across disciplines. Senior administrators are accessible to new faculty and academic leaders benefit from a flexible, innovative atmosphere that is built on strong interpersonal connections. All of this, in a research intensive institution, that is ranked among the elite top 200 universities in the world by the the Times Higher Education's 2011 World University Rankings.
UVic is committed to providing an environment in which our community members can be passionate about their futures. Join us.
- Visit our Faculty and Librarians' Guide to find out more about working at UVic.
- Learn about support for academic leadership at UVic.
- Find resources for engaging in research at UVic
- Get support for teaching excellence, including curriculum redesign workshops, from the Learning and Teaching Centre.
- Meet the subject librarian for your discipline, who will provide valuable assistance for your research and course development.