There are many great reasons to study software engineering at the University of Victoria:
- Engineers turn the science of today into the reality of tomorrow, and UVic leads the way with one of the first accredited software engineering programs in Western Canada.
- The UVic Bachelor of Software Engineering program incorporates aspects of computer science, computer engineering and electrical engineering with additional experience in large-scale project design.
- A 16-month co-operative education component is integrated into the program. Students alternate between four months of work and four months of school after their first year, gaining valuable experience while getting paid!
- All UVic Engineering students share a common first-year program that allows them the opportunity to explore their choices before specializing in software, biomedical, civil, computer, electrical or mechanical engineering in the second year.
- The BSEng program is fully accredited by the CEAB. Graduation from a nationally accredited engineering program is the first step on your way to becoming a Professional Engineer (P.Eng).
Learn more about why to study software engineering at UVic.