We offer a ton of events each year to help you:
- find work and meet employers
- improve your job search skills
- learn about potential careers
UPCOMING AND CURRENT EVENTS
- Pathways to Success for graduate students
October 2014 to April 2015
- Horizons and Navigator (online spring session)
Spring 2015 session
- Success in the Humanities
January 9–28, 2015
Tues, Jan 13 and Tues, Mar 17 | 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Hi-Tech Co-op and Career Fair
Feb 3–4, 2015 | 10 am – 3 pm
- Mock interview clinics
February 4, 25 and 27, 2015
Pathways to Success for graduate students
When: October 2014 to April 2015
Where: See schedule for locations
Contact: Co-op and Career - email@example.com - (250) 853-3172
Career and professional development for graduate students
What lies beyond graduate school for you? Explore future career paths at these free sessions offered through April 2015.
- Learn how to transition from grad school to a career
- Discover current labour market info for academic and non-academic careers
- Hear from panels and speakers on landing an academic job or carving out a career outside academia
- ... and more!
Hi-Tech Co-op and Career Fair
When: Feb 3–4, 2015 | 10 am – 3 pm
Where: Engineering Lab Wing lobby
Contact: - firstname.lastname@example.org - 250-472-5809
Horizons and Navigator (online spring session)
When: Spring 2015 session
Contact: - email@example.com - 250-721-8421
Spring session: sign up now!
Sign up for one of our tailored online career programs to:
- explore career pathways
- plan your next steps
- strengthen your skills for finding career-related work
- build relationships with professional contacts
We offer two programs that are free to UVic students and alumni. These programs are online and self-paced, so you can start anytime.
for students and alumni who are looking for career-related work.
Success in the Humanities
When: January 9–28, 2015
Where: Events across campus
Contact: Chelsea Falconer - firstname.lastname@example.org
A degree in Humanities can lead almost anywhere—and we can help you get there. We’re offering targeted events to help Humanities students explore career possibilities. Together, we’ll put your learning in motion.
HUMANITIES, FINE ARTS AND PROFESSIONAL WRITING (HFPW) CO-OP INFO BOOTHS
Meet your co-op coordinator for HFPW Co-op and learn how you can gain relevant work experience as part of your degree.
- Tues, Jan 11 from 11 a.m.–1 p.m. (Clearihue lobby)
- Wed, Jan 14 from 11 a.m.–1 p.m. (Visual Arts lobby)
- Thurs, Jan 15 11 a.m.–1 p.m. (Fine Arts lobby)
Check out these free career workshops run by our career educators.
- Network to Work: Fri, Jan 9 from 10 a.m.–noon (McPherson Library 129)
- You and the job market: Wed, Jan 21 from 3:30–4:30 p.m. (Clearihue A207)
- How to build and market your skills: Thurs, Jan 22 from 11:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m. (Strong C130)
EMPLOYER NETWORKING NIGHT
Learn about career possibilities and hear from employers who have hired Humanities grads.
- Wed, Jan 28 from 5–7 p.m.
MEET WITH A CAREER EDUCATOR
Drop-in or by appointment—check out the schedule.
ONLINE CAREER RESOURCES
Work through our three kits at your own pace.
HOW TO REGISTER
You can pre-register for individual events on the Co-op and Career portal (find the events calendar and register for the sessions you're interested in) or you're welcome to just stop by on the day of.
When: Tues, Jan 13 and Tues, Mar 17 | 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Where: Bob Wright Centre lobby, Clearihue Building lobby (near computer labs), University Centre lobby
Do you want to improve your résumé? Need to tweak the content? The format? Maybe give it a complete overhaul? Stop by one of our Résumania booths with a copy of your résumé and get expert feedback! You’ll spend 5-10 minutes reviewing your résumé with a career educator.
What to bring: Bring a copy of your résumé (or two). It will also help to have a goal in mind—what do you want to accomplish with this résumé? What type of job are you applying to?
Mock interview clinics
When: February 4, 25 and 27, 2015
Categories: Forums and workshops
Contact: Chelsea Falconer - email@example.com - 250-721-8840
Employers: We're looking for your interview expertise!
In 2014-2015, we're hosting an expanded series of mock interviews for students, and we’d like to invite you to take a front-row seat! Acting as a mock interviewer, you'll have the opportunity to promote your organization on campus while helping students improve their interview skills in a realistic setting.
Event details for: Employers
Mock interviews for humanities, fine arts, professional writing and social sciences students
Wed, Feb 25 and Fri, Feb 27, 2015
We're offering three timeslot options, which all include a coffee break and one-hour lunch (provided):
- Half-day morning (8:30-12:30)
- Half-day afternoon (12:30-4:30)
- Full day (8:30-4:30)
Mock interview clinic for Indigenous students
Wed, Feb 4, 2015 | 1:30–3 p.m.
- Preceded by Indigenous career panel and networking session—see event schedule
- Build awareness of your brand on our campus.
- You'll meet a selection of our standout students, opening a window on future recruitment opportunities.
- Through the interview process, your junior staff will gain valuable training in interviewing job candidates.
Before the event, you’ll receive student applications to review in advance to your interviews. Please bring these applications along with you to your clinics. On event day, you’ll conduct a 30-minute interview and feedback session with each student.
If you can't make it to campus for in-person interviews with students, we can arrange for the sessions to take place via phone or Skype.
- Resources for the day of the mock interviews
- Sample interview questions
- Tips for conducting in-person mock interviews
- Tips for conducting phone and Skype interviews
- Résumé rubric (to evaluate students' résumés)
- Cover letter rubric (to evaluate students' cover letters)
- Mock interview evaluation form (to rate students' interview performance)
Find a jobPost a job