UPCOMING AND CURRENT EVENTS | PAST EVENTS
- Co-op Photo Contest
Submit photos by noon on August 21, 2015
- Co-op and Career Info Day
Tuesday, September 15, 2015 (10 a.m. to 3 p.m.)
- 2015 UVic Co-op and Career Fair
Tues, Sept 29 and Wed, Sept 30, 2015 | 10 am – 3:30 pm
Co-op and Career Info Day
When: Tuesday, September 15, 2015 (10 a.m. to 3 p.m.)
Where: Michele Pujol Room, Student Union Building
Contact: - email@example.com - 250-853-3172
Welcome to UVic. What's in your career future?
Student life is great, but what comes next? Co-op and Career Info Day is the place to:
- Discover our career services and programs, including career exploration, free online programs, career workshops, online resource kits and more!
- Learn about the co-op program and how you can gain paid work experience that's relevant to your degree
- Find out about our flexible work experience program
- Check out entries in our famous annual Co-op Photo Contest
2015 UVic Co-op and Career Fair
When: Tues, Sept 29 and Wed, Sept 30, 2015 | 10 am – 3:30 pm
Where: Michele Pujol Room – Student Union Building
At our annual UVic Co-op and Career Fair, students and alumni can connect with over 50 employers from a wide range of companies and representatives from graduate and professional schools. Thousands of students and alumni attend this event each year!
YOUR LOGO HERE
(See our exciting exhibitor sponsorship options!)
Co-op Photo Contest
When: Submit photos by noon on August 21, 2015
Contact: - firstname.lastname@example.org
A picture is worth $500!
We put on our annual famous Co-op Photo Contest for students to share shots of their co-op experiences over the past year. Whether you worked in an office, a lab or the great outdoors, we want to see you in action on your co-op work term.
The 2015 Co-op Photo Contest is now open until August 21 at noon!
We're offering great cash prizes:
- Grand prize – $500
- Runner-up – $250
- Third place – $100
Event details for: Co-op students
How to enter
- Upload your photos (Netlink ID and password required).
- You may enter a maximum of three photos.
Important: Read before submitting
- Your photo descriptions can be a maximum of 250 characters (about 40–50 words).
- Your photo may be up to 5 MB in size. Please submit photos as high-res as possible (1–5 MB) to ensure image quality and improve your chances of winning!
- If you exceed these length or size guidelines, your upload will not work.
- Remember: You must appear in the photo. Read the contest rules below for full details.
By submitting your photo(s) to the Photo Contest, you agree that:
- the University of Victoria may use your photos for educational or promotional purposes. This means that your photo may appear on a UVic website, in a publication or in other promotional material.
- your entry follows the contest rules and you have obtained the necessary permissions as applicable.
Top 10 shortlist
When the contest closes, a panel of Co-op and Career judges will choose the top 10 photos according to the following criteria:
- Technical quality of photo (photo is high-resolution, well-lit and in focus)
- Composition (subject is framed well; strong placement and angle)
- Visual interest (use of colour, originality, creativity; humour is welcome but optional)
- Representation of work term (photo directly relates to your work term)
- Adherence to contest rules (see rules in next section)
The top 10 photos will be printed and displayed at Co-op and Career Info Day on September 15, 2015. All photo entries will also be displayed at the event via digital screen.
Final voting for top three winners
Final voting to determine the three winners will take place online in September 2015. Check this page for the link to vote!
All members of the public, students, staff and faculty are welcome to cast a vote.
When voting is closed, we’ll tally the votes, determine the top three entries and contact the winners!
- You must be a current co-op student to enter the contest.
- Photos must be from co-op work terms that took place from September 2014 to August 2015.
- Photos must be of you on your work term, in your work term environment. This means:
- You must appear in the photo (no scenery-only shots).
- The photo must be related to something you did on your co-op work term.
- Do not submit advertisements for your employer.
- Do not add text to the photo.
- You may submit up to three (3) photos.
- By submitting your photos to the Co-op Photo Contest, you agree to let the University of Victoria use your photos for educational or promotional purposes. This means that your photo may appear on a UVic website, in a publication or in other promotional material.
- By entering the contest, you are confirming that you are the owner of the photo. If someone else took the photo, make sure you have permission to use it.
- If your photos include the workplace, make sure you have your employer’s permission. By entering the contest, you are confirming that your employer has given permission for the workplace to be photographed.
- If your photos include other people, make sure you have their permission. By entering the contest, you are confirming that you have all of the subjects’ permission.
- If a child’s face is showing, his or her parents must sign this Photo Subject Release Form. Email the form(s) to email@example.com, mail it to PO Box 1700 / Victoria BC / V8W 2Y2, or drop it off in BEC 410. The exception to this rule is if the children are attending a camp/event that has its own photography consent status in place; if so, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm.
NOTES: As written in the University Calendar, the University of Victoria is committed to promoting, providing and protecting a positive, supportive and safe learning and working environment for all its members. UVic Co-operative Education Program and Career Services reserves the right to refuse a photo entry into the contest if its content does not adhere to this policy and/or is deemed to be inappropriate or offensive. Contest submissions are reviewed by the communications officer with assistance from a co-op student. Submissions are subject to the University policy; contest participants may be asked to select a different photo if the content does not adhere to this policy. Any amendments are at the discretion of the communications officer. The top 10 photos are selected by a panel of Co-op and Career staff. Final winners are determined by online vote available to the public, including UVic staff and faculty. The co-op student working with the communications officer is not eligible to participate in the contest.
Photo submissions gallery
Having technical issues?
We recommend submitting photos early just in case you experience technical issues, as we cannot accept photos after the deadline.
- Check that your photo is under the size limit (5 MB). If it's too large, you'll need to reduce the file size using File > Export or a photo editing program.
- Check that your photo descriptions are within the length limit (250 characters). Helpful tool: Character counter
If you continue to experience technical issues or have any questions about the contest or rules, please email email@example.com.