Commerce courses for Business minor and Business option students
If you're interested in pursuing a minor in Business or taking the Business Option, we recommend you contact an academic adviser.
Please see the University On-line Timetable for course descriptions and prerequisites. Access to all other commerce courses is by "Request for Registration." See details below.
- Request for
- Pursuing a minor
- Pursuing the
If you are interested in individual commerce courses, please follow these steps:
- Review courses available for the upcoming term—posted four weeks prior to the start of term.
- Complete a Request for Registration Form (also available in the BCom Program Office, BEC 283).
- Visiting students must include a copy of their transcript from their home institution.
- Submit form to the BCom Program Office as follows:
|Month Course Begins||Dates Applications are Accepted|
Applicants should be aware that course availability is extremely limited in any given term. Spaces in classes, if any, will be awarded based on: availability, most recent available grade-point average of the applicant and completion of prerequisites.
Commerce courses available through Single Course Application for the Spring Term 201701
|COM 435 A01 Corporate Relations and Responsibilities||COM 220 and 4th year standing|
|COM 450 A01 - Doing Business in India||IB 301 and 4th year standing|
|COM 450 A02 - Infusing Sustainability into Operations||COM 240 and 4th year standing|
|IB 415 A01 - Cross National Management||IB 301 and 4th year standing|
Note: only courses from the above list are available for Single Course Application. Please fill out the Request for Registration Form and forward to the Peter B. Gustavson School of Business or drop off in person to the BCom Program Office, located in BEC 283.
The Business Minor program consists of 9.0 units including COM 220, 240, 250, 270 with a minimum grade of C+ in each course, plus at least 3.0 units of 300- or 400-level COM, ENT or IB courses. You must declare the minor with the advising centre of your originating faculty.
For more information, download the Business Minor and Business Option Programs brochure.
For students in economics:
You must gain approval from your faculty to be included in the Business Option program. Details of the Business Option program are listed in each department's section of the University Calendar. For more information, download the Business Minor and Business Option Programs brochure.
If you are a visiting student, you must be admitted to UVic first. Visiting students are considered as non-commerce students and requests to take individual courses must follow the Request for Registration process.
- Com 220 - Organizational Behaviour
- Com 240 - Management Finance
- Com 250 - Fundamentals of Marketing
- Com 270 - Financial and Managerial Accounting for Specialists
- Com 302 - Commercial Law
- IB 301 - The International Environment of Business
- ENT 402 - Entrepreneurship and Small Business for the Non-Specialist