Our classrooms in the computing facilties can be booked for courses and other events. We offer several different room configurations and sizes as well as both Mac and Windows platforms. All rooms contain video data projectors that display the instructor workstation's image on a projection screen at the front of the room.
Resources for instructors
Instructors may use the SFG Clients volume to make digital course materials, readings and assignments available, and to create drop-box folders for submitting digital assignments. This drive is mapped as the S: drive on all of our computers. If you want to set up a folder in SFG Clients for your class just contact us and we can get you started.
Scheduling a booking
Contact email@example.com with the following information:
- Contact name and phone number
- Course and section number
- Instructor name and phone number (if different from contact)
- Number of students
- Dates and times required
- Preferred platform (Mac or Windows)
- Required software and any other special requirements or requests
- UVic course bookings: There is no charge. Applies to all courses that appear in the UVic Calendar.
- UVic department bookings with internal attendees: No charge for UVic departments provided all attendees are UVic students, faculty, or staff.
- UVic department bookings with external attendees: A $54/hour charge will be applied. Please include a FAST account number with these booking requests.
- UVic Continuing Studies and other course bookings: A $54/hour charge will be applied. Please include a FAST account number with these booking requests.
- Conferences and other external bookings: These may be accommodated based on availability. The basic rental rate is $100 per hour with additional charges for special requests such as software installs.
Software and hardware questions may be directed to one of the facility contacts.