|Faculty of Law
University of Victoria
PO Box 1700, STN CSC
Victoria, BC V8W 2Y2
I joined the law school as a Senior Instructor starting in September 2011. I teach environmental and administrative law, and practise with the Environmental Law Centre. I have specialized in natural resources and environmental law, and have worked with West Coast Environmental Law, the Sierra Legal Defence Fund (now Ecojustice Canada), the Department of Justice and the Department of Indian Affairs and Northern Development. Prior to joining the Faculty, I taught environmental law at the University of British Columbia, Royal Roads University and the British Columbia Institute of Technology. I am a past member of the Forest Practices Board of British Columbia.
- BA Honours – UBC (1978)
- LLB – UBC (1987)
- Environmental Tribunals in British Columbia, Environmental Law Centre, University of Victoria, January 2011.
- Environmental Assessment in British Columbia, Environmental Law Centre, University of Victoria, November 2010.
- Comparison of the British Columbia and Federal Environmental Assessments for the Prosperity Mine, Northwest Institute, July 2011.
- "Current Issues in Environmental Assessment in British Columbia," in Journal of Environmental Law and Practice: Special Issue, Third JELP Environmental Law Conference: The Demise of Environmental Assessment in Canada? Eds. Marie-Ann Bowden, Martin Phillipson, (Thomson Reuters: 2010).
- Guide to Forest Land Use Planning, West Coast Environmental Law, 1998.
- Forests on the Line: Comparing the Rules for Logging in British Columbia and Washington State, Sierra Legal Defence Fund and Natural Resources Defense Council, 1995.
- "Forest Law Reform", in Law Reform for Sustainable Development, Canadian Bar Association, 1990.
- The Admnistrative Law Process - LAW301
- Environmental Law and Science - LAW343
- Environmental Law Centre Clinic: Intensive Stream - LAW353A