Admitted, what's next?
Once you receive your offer of admission, you'll need to pay your acceptance deposit and arrange for final grades to be sent to UVic. You'll receive your offer of admission via email, and you can also check your status in our application portal.
Make sure that the @uvic.ca domain is set up as a safe sender in your email so that your offer of admission doesn't get caught in a spam filter.
Your admission offer will outline any conditions that must be met for your offer to be confirmed, including:
- official transcripts
- language-proficiency test scores
- documentation required by your faculty or program
Be sure to carefully read the information provided in the Admission Summary and Important Notes sections of your offer email. You can also view any outstanding items on your admission checklist.
Accept your offer
Submit your $200 acceptance deposit as soon as possible (visit Tuition Fees for payment options).
- Your deposit must be received before you will have access to the course registration system. This deposit is non-refundable; however, it will be credited toward your tuition fees.
- If you have been admitted to a first-year program at UVic, you may be able (under certain circumstances) to defer your admission and begin your studies at a later date.
Verifying your payment
You can confirm that your payment has been received through the UVic My page portal. Please allow at least 1-2 business days for the payment to be processed into your tuition account.
- Sign in to My page using your NetLink ID.
- Go to the "Student Services" page on the left-hand menu.
- Select the "Finances" tab.
- Select "Account Summary by Term".
Once it has been processed, your acceptance deposit will be indicated in the account summary. This is your notification that UVic has received your acceptance deposit.
Arrange for your final grades to be sent to UVic in official transcripts, along with other required documents specified in your offer of admission. Transcripts should be sent to UVic as soon as they are available, and no later than the deadline specified in your admission offer.
Once the acceptance deposit is received, additional documentation will be emailed to international students to support their application to Citizenship and Immigration Canada for a study permit.
It is very important that you commence the process of applying for your permit as soon as possible.
Prepare for life at UVic
Start thinking about the next steps to becoming a UVic student: