Put your learning in motion with co-op
At UVic, learning extends beyond the classroom. One in four UVic students takes part in our extremely popular co-operative education program (co-op), which allows you to alternate terms in class with paid work terms in positions related to your field of study.
UVic's co-op program is one of the largest and most respected in Canada, and our co-op grads are more likely to land a job sooner, be promoted faster and earn a higher salary than graduates who didn't take part in co-op.
As a co-op student, you'll:
- try out different jobs working for employers in your field
- graduate with a great résumé packed with relevant work experience
- build a valuable network of contacts and references
- earn income to help pay for tuition
- clarify your strengths, interests and goals
- build competencies and learn to market yourself to employers
- boost your chances of landing a great job after graduation
Learn more about co-op programs. Contact your co-op program listed below for details and how to apply.
|Biochemistry and Microbiologyfirstname.lastname@example.org||250-721-8813|
|Computer Science and Mathemail@example.com||250-472-5800||Staff list|
|Earth and Ocean Sciencesfirstname.lastname@example.org||250-721-7713|
|Exercise Science, Physical and Health Educationemail@example.com||250-472-4690|
|Health Information Sciencefirstname.lastname@example.org||250-721-6458|
|Humanities, Fine Arts and Professional Writingemail@example.com||250-721-8841|
|Physics and Astronomyfirstname.lastname@example.org||250-721-7713|
|International coordinator (co-op abroad)||email@example.com||250-721-6076|
You can access career development support at any time through our Career Services offices. Services include:
- lifelong career coaching
- job search help
- job development resources
- career workshops
- career programs (for students nearing graduation and alumni)
- Main Co-op and Career office (All programs except Business, Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics and Statistics, and Law)
Building: CSB 110 (map)
- Business Co-op and Career office
Building: BEC 112 (map)
- Engineering and Computer Science/Math Co-op and Career office
Building: ECS 210 (map)
Robin Parhar completed a co-op work term with a real estate and property management company in Duncan, BC.
Robin was able to gain great insights into this industry and learned that bringing enthusiasm and willingness each day to her job (which came naturally for her anyway!) were qualities highly valued by her employer. These qualities resulted in Robin exceeding her employer's expectations.
Wondering what it's like to be a co-op student, or what sort of jobs you could try? Check out our co-op student stories!