At UVic, learning extends beyond the classroom. One in four UVic students takes part in our extremely popular co-operative education program (co-op), which allows you to alternate terms in class with paid work terms in positions related to your field of study.
UVic's co-op program is one of the largest and most respected in Canada, and our co-op grads are more likely to land a job sooner, be promoted faster and earn a higher salary than graduates who didn't take part in co-op.
As a co-op student, you'll:
- try out different jobs working for employers in your field
- graduate with a great résumé packed with relevant work experience
- build a valuable network of contacts and references
- earn income to help pay for tuition
- clarify your strengths, interests and goals
- build competencies and learn to market yourself to employers
- boost your chances of landing a great job after graduation
Learn more about co-op programs. Contact your co-op program listed below for details and how to apply.
|Biochemistry and Microbiologyemail@example.com||250-721-8813|
|Computer Science and Mathfirstname.lastname@example.org||250-472-5800||Staff list|
|Earth and Ocean Sciencesemail@example.com||250-721-7713|
|Exercise Science, Physical and Health Educationfirstname.lastname@example.org||250-472-4690|
|Health Information Scienceemail@example.com||250-721-6458|
|Humanities, Fine Arts and Professional Writingfirstname.lastname@example.org||250-721-8841|
|Physics and Astronomyemail@example.com||250-721-7713|
|International coordinator (co-op abroad)||firstname.lastname@example.org||250-721-6076|
You can access career development support at any time through our Career Services offices. Services include:
- lifelong career coaching
- job search help
- job development resources
- career workshops
- career programs (for students nearing graduation and alumni)
- Main Co-op and Career office (All programs except Business, Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics and Statistics, and Law)
Building: CSB 110 (map)
- Business Co-op and Career office
Building: BEC 112 (map)
- Engineering and Computer Science/Math Co-op and Career office
Building: ECS 210 (map)
Wondering what it's like to be a co-op student, or what sort of jobs you could try? Check out our co-op student stories!