2016 Students of the Year and Employers of the Year announced
Co-op Students of the Year
Each year, we recognize three co-op students who have made outstanding achievements in their academic achievement, workplace performance and community involvement. Winners are announced in November.
One student is selected from each of our three major program areas. Our 2016 recipients are:
- Nicholas Pineau (Business Co-op)
- Anika Bell (Engineering and Computer Science/Mathematics Co-op)
- Paul Kim (Optional and Professional Programs)
Enjoy this video about our 2016 recipients and view detailed stories about their accomplishments.
Co-op Employers of the Year
Each year, UVic co-op staff nominate outstanding co-operative education employers who have gone above and beyond to support co-op student learning. In 2016, two extraordinary organizations were recognized for their outstanding student mentorship:
- Victoria-based solar energy specialist HES PV was named the 2016 UVic Co-op Employer of the Year (fewer than 50 employees)
- Parks Canada was awarded the 2016 Co-op Employer of the Year (more than 50 employees)
Enjoy this video about our 2016 recipients and learn more about these outstanding organizations.