Emergencies are usually unpredictable in both timing and nature. While it is impossible to prepare for every potential situation, there are simple steps that may greatly reduce the impact of an emergency on you and your family.
Consult the following UVic specific resources for emergency preparedness information:
- What to do When all Eyes are on You (PDF)
- Emergency Response Procedures for People with Disabilities (PDF)
- Make or buy a survival kit (available at the UVic Bookstore).
- Learn how to be more resilient by requesting a free viewing of "Surviving Disaster".
- Download the guide, Prepare Yourself - A Guide to Emergency Preparedness in the Capital Region and use this information to prepare yourself and your household.
- Check out the websites under Resources at right for great ideas that may save your life.
Will you be able to communicate in a crisis? Is texting better than a call? Check out our tips on using technology during a disaster. For information on how UVic will communicate in an emergency, check out Communicating in an emergency.