An engineer is a person who applies their knowledge of science to design and create things that are safe, reliable and practical.
Detect tumours, record music, communicate wirelessly - if electricity is involved, electrical engineers are doing it.
Computer engineers design the computer systems at the heart of modern machines, like cell phones, airbags, robots and more.
- Grew out of electrical engineering and computer science.
- Focuses on computer systems, especially the hardware components.
- Also explores interface between different pieces of hardware.
- Requires a strong background in software design, especially in how software and hardware interact.
- Vital to the design and creation of state-of-the-art products.
- Concentrates work on electrical devices and systems.
- Has has grown to match the wide range of applications of electricity in our modern world.
- As almost every modern field is involved in electricity – its use, transmission, storage or generation.
- Very broad discipline with many possibilities for specializations.
- Employment opportunities for electrical engineers are extensive.