Career in the classroom
As a faculty or staff member, you're in a unique position to engage with students around bridging the gap between academics and career. As students start thinking about how they'll leverage their studies for the future, this can stimulate discussion in your classroom.
We're happy to support you in a variety of ways. Questions? Contact Career Services!
Request a customized career workshop
We're happy to provide workshops and presentations for your classroom or event. Our career educators can present on the following topics, customizing sessions to match your subject and lesson plans.
- Career research: Explore potential career paths
- Key motivators: Translate your interests and motivators into potential careers
- The work search process: Develop proactive work search strategies to find a job
- Résumés and cover letters: Create strong applications that get you an interview
- Interview skills: Develop effective approaches to interviewing
- Networking: Strengthen professional contacts to support your career development
- Competency development: Develop your skills to boost your employability
- Post-graduate applications: Apply for graduate and professional school
TIP: You can also encourage students to visit our regularly scheduled career workshops.
Tell students about us
We offer many free career support services and resources for students (and alumni). Students can talk to a career educator, attend a free career workshop or event, or work through our many online career resources on their own.