We promote the university's reputation with defined target audiences in identified geographical areas by focusing on key characteristics, accomplishments and points of differentiation in support of the university's strategic objectives, and to ensure the university’s perspective on significant issues and challenges is well understood by those target audiences.
- Communications planning and leadership for university initiatives, accomplishments and announcements
- Direction and guidance to and support for decentralized university communications resources
- Media and public relations using print and electronic mediums
- Issue communications
- Media training for faculty, campus leaders and researchers
- Media monitoring and evaluation
- Developing and implementing an institutional research communications strategy
- Planning and producing research-related publications
Our office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday. We are located in the C wing of the Sedgewick building (map).
If a member of the media urgently needs to contact the department after hours, please call UVic Campus Security Services at 250-721-6683 and the message will be passed on to UVic media relations officials.