Vice-President Finance and Operations (VPFO)
The Office of the Vice-President Finance and Operations (VPFO) is responsible for the financial, human and physical resources of the University of Victoria.
Some of the key functions of the VPFO are:
- to develop and coordinate the university's human resources strategy;
- to provide expertise on financial and audit issues to all members of the university community, including university entities;
- to prepare and manage the annual operating budget;
- to undertake capital planning and management of physical resources;
- to prepare and manage endowment and pension investments;
- to plan the development of the physical resources of the campus;
- to provide information technology infrastructure, tools and resources to all members of the university community; and
- to protect students, faculty, staff and property through the creation of a safe campus environment.