Vice-President Finance and Operations (VPFO)
The Office of the Vice-President Finance and Operations (VPFO) is responsible for the financial, human and physical resources of the University of Victoria.
Download the org chart (pdf).
Some of the key functions of the VPFO are:
- to develop and coordinate the university's human resources strategy;
- to provide expertise on financial and audit issues to all members of the university community, including university entities;
- to prepare and manage the annual operating budget;
- to undertake capital planning and management of physical resources;
- to prepare and manage endowment and pension investments;
- to plan the development of the physical resources of the campus;
- to provide information technology infrastructure, tools and resources to all members of the university community; and
- to protect students, faculty, staff and property through the creation of a safe campus environment.