University Systems help centre
Filter meeting updates marked as low importance: Outlook 2010 and 2013
To filter arriving meeting updates that are of low importance, you can apply a simple rule on incoming messages that will automatically move them to a specific folder.
- In your mailbox click on Rules and select Manage Rules & Alerts....
- In the Rules and Alerts window, click on New Rule.... The Rules Wizard window will open. Select Apply rule on messages I receive and click Next.
- Select the check box beside which is a meeting invitation or update. Click Next.
- Select the check box beside mark it as importance. Then click on the importance link.
- In the Importance window, select Low. Click OK.
- Back in the Rules Wizard window, select the check box beside move a copy to the specified folder. Then click on the specified link.
- Locate the folder where you would like to move these meeting updates and click to highlight the folder. You may also create a new folder. Click Finish when you are done.
- In the Rules and Alerts window, you will see that your new rule has been created. Click on Apply.