University Systems service catalogue
The UVic Wireless Network (UVic AirNet) allows students, faculty, and staff to connect laptops and other wireless devices to the Internet at high speeds from most places on campus. There are multiple wireless networks on campus: UVic for secure connections, UVicOpen for quick connections, and eduroam for faculty, staff, and students visiting from participating academic institutions.
Who can use this service?
How do I request or access this service?
Anyone with a valid NetLink ID can access the wireless network.
What is the cost for this service?
This service is provided free of charge.
When is this service available?
This service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, except during scheduled and unscheduled maintenance. You can be informed of service interruptions by subscribing to Informed.
How do I get help with this service?
Contact the Computer Help Desk for help with this service:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 250-721-7687
- In Person: Clearihue A004 or McPherson Library
- Connect to eduroam: HTC mobile device
- Connect to eduroam: Mac OS X 10.5 or newer
- Connect to eduroam: Windows 7
- Connect to eduroam: Windows Vista
- Connect to eduroam: Windows XP
- Connect to UVic: Android version 4 and newer
- Connect to UVic: iPhone or iPod Touch
- Connect to UVic: OS 10.5 and newer
- Connect to UVic: Windows 7 and Vista
- Connect to UVic: Windows XP
- Connect to UVic Wireless: eduroam
- Wireless Internet