Department of Political Science
What is Political Science?
Political Science is the study of power, authority and governance in human affairs. Our courses examine the social, economic, cultural, historical, geographical and other forces that generate conflicts both within and among societies. With a degree in Political Science you will develop an aptitude for critical debate, and use your analytical and research skills to evaluate competing perspectives and theories.
- POLI grad, Kathryn Juricic (2014 Political Science and Environmental Studies), profiled in The Ring.
- Tentative Summer 2015 timetable now available.
- POLI has added 4 new courses for Spring 2015. Check out the latest timetable and course flyer.
- Experiential education opportunities for Political Science students.
- Political Science Weekly Digest: latest issue.
Faces of UVic Research is an ongoing video series showcasing the passion and commitment of UVic researchers.
Dr. James Lawson talks about his work looking at Canadian politics and the history of trade in raw materials:
Dr. Rita Kaur Dhamoon talks about her study of race and gender politics and how government and society respond to our differences in identity: