Department of Political Science
Political Science is the study of power, authority and governance in human affairs. Our courses examine the social, economic, cultural, historical, geographical and other forces that generate conflicts both within and among societies. With a degree in Political Science you will learn critical thinking, problem-solving and research skills as well as to evaluate competing perspectives and theories.
- Planning courses for next year? The Fall 2016 and Spring 2017 timetables are available. Subject to change. Questions? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Summer 2016 timetable and Summer course flyer are now available. Registration is now open. Questions? E-mail email@example.com.
- Learn about our experiential learning opportunities for undergraduate students.
- Political Science Weekly Digest: latest issue.
- Social Media: Follow us on Twitter @uvicpoli. Like us on Facebook www.facebook.com/uvicpoli
Faces of UVic Research is an ongoing video series showcasing the passion and commitment of UVic researchers.
Dr. James Lawson talks about his work looking at Canadian politics and the history of trade in raw materials:
Dr. Rita Kaur Dhamoon talks about her study of race and gender politics and how government and society respond to our differences in identity: