Department of Political Science
What is Political Science?
Political Science is the study of power, authority and governance in human affairs. Our courses examine the social, economic, cultural, historical, geographical and other forces that generate conflicts both within and among societies. With a degree in Political Science you will develop an aptitude for critical debate, and use your analytical and research skills to evaluate competing perspectives and theories.
- Fall 2014 300-level POLI grading positions available. Application deadline: Friday, September 5.
- Fall 2014 classes begin on Wednesday, September 3.
- POLI Undergrad Meet & Greet - Wednesday, September 17, 4:30-6 pm, DTB A104. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Experiential education opportunities for Political Science students.
- Fall 2014 and Spring 2015 timetable online.
- Political Science Weekly Digest: latest issue.
Faces of UVic Research is an ongoing video series showcasing the passion and commitment of UVic researchers.
Dr. James Lawson talks about his work looking at Canadian politics and the history of trade in raw materials:
Dr. Rita Kaur Dhamoon talks about her study of race and gender politics and how government and society respond to our differences in identity: