Support for Indigenous students
Indigenous students are integral to the UVic community and a growing part of our graduate student body. UVic acknowledges with respect the history, customs and culture of the Coast Salish and Straits Salish peoples on whose traditional lands the university resides.
Right now, nearly 150 Indigenous students are pursuing graduate studies here. We offer a broad range of learning options including Indigenous courses and programs, and benefit from outstanding Indigenous faculty and staff who contribute to a welcoming campus environment. UVic is committed to the well-being of Indigenous students and offers support in advance of university entry, through to graduation and beyond.
In addition to our general resources for graduate students, check out just some UVic links that may be of interest to you as an Indigenous student.
- Co-op and Career Services
- External awards for Indigenous students
- Graduate student resources
- Graduate Students’ Society
- Housing and dining
- Join the conversation
- My page (your personalized registration, timetable and records information)
- Office of Indigenous Affairs (INAF)
- Succeeding as a distance student
- UVic support for Indigenous students