Where you're going from here
Grad Expo is the annual information fair to help graduating students plan their next steps and take full advantage of being part of the UVic alumni community.
Next year's Grad Expo is on March 22, 2017 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the SUB (Michele Pujol Room).
Learn more about:
- Convocation, regalia and ticket details
- Grad photos and bookings
- Diploma Frames and Flowers
- UVic Grad Class of 2017
- Career services for alumni
- Young alumni events
- UVic Alumni ONECard (Save $5 when you order your alumni card at Grad Expo.)
- Student loan repayment
Grad Expo is FREE and all students graduating in 2017 are strongly encouraged to attend. Refreshments, giveaways and prize draws included. Don’t miss this event - it happens just once a year!
Follow and join our Grad Expo 2017 Facebook event page for updates, pictures, prize info and more.
Get the answers to these questions (plus your own!) on March 22, 2017 at our Grad Expo exhibitor tables while you enter exhibitors prize draws or pick up some grad swag.
UVic Alumni Association
- When do I become a member of the UVic Alumni Association?
- What benefits do I get as an alumni member?
- How can I stay connected with UVic and other alumni through my faculty and/or the UVic Alumni Association?
- What is Contiki Holidays?
- How is Contiki Holidays connected with the UVic Alumni ONECard?
- What discount does Contiki offer me as a UVic graduate?
D+H Student Loan Repayment Specialist
- When do I need to pay my student loan(s)?
- How do I pay them?
- What happens if I can’t pay them?
Gustavson School of Business/Gill Graduate School – MBA and MGB Programs
- What grad programs does Gustavson School of Business/Gill Graduate School offer?
- How many “paths” does our MGB program offer and what are they?
- How many countries do you get to travel to if you are in the MGB program?
iA Financial Group
- What type of coverage do I need once I graduate if I don’t have get a job right away or decide to take a year off?
- Does my parent’s insurance coverage cover me after I graduate?
- Do I need travel insurance?
TD Insurance Meloche Monnex
- Tell me about the relationship between TD Insurance and the University of Victoria?
- How does TD Insurance give back to my Alumni Association?
- What benefits are available to me as a soon-to-be UVic Grad?
Merit Travel (Work and Volunteer Opportunities)
- What options are available for working overseas?
- Is there a placement program?
- Are there time restrictions for how long you can stay?
UVic Annual Giving
- Does UVic offer funding for graduate/undergraduate students?
- How does funding work for scholarships, grants, and bursaries?
- Where the funding for scholarships does, grants, and bursaries come from?
- How do I rent my convocation regalia?
- How and where do I pick up my regalia at convocation?
- How can I purchase custom grad gifts?
UVic Ceremonies and Events
- How many tickets do I get?
- When do I register for my ceremony?
- How long is the ceremony?
UVic Co-op and Career Services
- What services can I access when I’ve graduate?
- How can I remain involved?
- What programs and services will help me with my transition from university to job market?
UVic Continuing Studies
- Are there specialized credentials that would enhance my degree qualifications/resume?
- Can I continue to study at UVic part-time by distance?
- Can I stay connected with UVic through non-credit courses that fit my interests?
UVic Grad Class of 2017
- What does the Grad Executive Council do?
- What is the Grad Class Legacy Project?
- What and when is the Grad Class Party?
UVic Graduate Student Recruitment and Global Engagement
- What can I be doing in my last semester at UVic to prepare me for applying for Graduate School?
- Who do I contact for further information about Graduate Studies at UVic?
UVic Alumni ONECard
- What are the UVic Alumni ONECard benefits and services?
- When and how do I purchase my card?
- How can I save $5 ordering my card at Grad Expo?
UVic Grad Photos
- When do you take grad photos?
- What colour is my regalia?
- Can I book an appointment now?
UVic Student Awards and Financial Aid
- What student loans are available for graduate studies?
- Are there bursaries for post degree or graduate programs?
- Is there repayment assistance for student loans?
The UVic Alumni Association is grateful for the support of our alumni affinity partners and annual Grad Expo sponsors!
If you have any Grad Expo questions, contact:
UVic Alumni Relations at email@example.com,
or come and see us at Grad Expo on March 22, 2017.