Personal librarian program
Ask your personal librarian about
- Library policies and services
- finding information for your research assignments,
- directing you to the Research Help Desk at the Mearns Centre for Learning-McPherson Library, or refering you to other services in the Library.
- new resources and programs especially for students, as well as notices and timely reminders, such as extended hours during exams
- where to start when you can’t think of what to do next with your research
- Refering you to campus resources and services
While you wait for a reply, check out our Info for Undergrads page!
What is the personal librarian program?
Starting in the Fall of 2014, the UVic Libraries launched a Personal Librarian Program (PLP). This program is designed to introduce 1st year students entering UVic to the many resources, tools and services available through the Libraries. Each 1st year student will be matched with a professional librarian who can help with finding and using library resources for your assignments and essays.
Your personal librarian will contact you occasionally throughout the year to let you know about resources, tools and services to help make your first year experience as successful as possible. You can also contact your personal librarian any time with questions about your research.
If you have questions about Personal Librarians, please contact Justin Harrison.