Faculty of Human and Social Development programs
Public Health ( Masters )
The Graduate Diploma and Master of Public Health will prepare you for research and practice roles to promote the health of populations. You are invited to apply for these innovative, accessible programs being launched in September 2011.
During the programs you will have the opportunity to:
- creatively analyze public health issues and policies from diverse perspectives
- gain knowledge of public health principles including ethical, legal and social dilemmas impacting the health of the population
- complete a practicum to practice and demonstrate public health knowledge and skills within a professional practice setting
- choose one of four areas to focus on during your program:
- Indigenous peoples’ health
- public health informatics
- public health nursing
- social policy
Public health education is a well-established field of study aimed at promoting quality of life, reducing premature death, and minimizing the impact of disease, disability and injury through improving programs such as pandemic immunizations, falls prevention research, maternal and child health care, and housing and homelessness, addictions and mental health services.
- This is a post-graduate program.
- The delivery method for this program is distance with three required on-campus components.