Black Press scholarship
We are proud of the opportunity to offer this prestigious award to students who graduate from high schools in British Columbia.
Thirty-seven annual scholarships of $5,000 are available to high school, transferring students and continuing students entering the University of Victoria Gustavson School of Business. One scholarship will be awarded to a student applicant from each of these school district regions.
To qualify students must:
- complete an application to the BCom program or be a returning student to the University of Victoria Gustavson School of Business. If you have not already applied to BCom, visit our admissions page for details;
- have demonstrated outstanding academic achievement;
- have demonstrated involvement in a community or campus organization;
- highlight your personal goals, ambition and judgement of ethical behaviour;
- graduated from one of these school districts.
Applicants are responsible for submitting all of the following components of the application:
- BCom Supplemental Application Form
The Black Press Scholarship deadline is February 28.
Apply to Bachelor of Commerce Program here.
Please submit BCom Application with all required components by mail or in person to:
Bachelor of Commerce Program
Black Press Scholarship
Peter B. Gustavson School of Business
PO Box 1700 STN CSC
Victoria, BC V8W 2Y2
For more information contact the Business Students Services Office at email@example.com or 250-472-4728.
"As a result of this prestigious scholarship, I am honored to have the opportunity to connect and be friends with other caring, like-minded individuals, striving to be the future leaders in business."
LY (Catherine) Wong
BCom '13 - Black Press Scholarship recipient
Black Press Scholarship process
The Black Press nomination process takes place following the admissions process each year. Nominees will be notified by May 30 by email.
Names of applicants who are not notified will be held in waiting until September. Final award decisions are confirmed in late August based on official final grades.
Recipients will receive two disbursements into their tuition account. September and January.
A final recipient list will be posted on this site once nominations are confirmed in September or October.
View the list of 2013 recipients.
Recipients will recieve two disbursements; September and January.