MBA Double Degree Options
A management edge plus a professional degree
We've built partnerships across both disciplines and schools to bring you educational opportunities that combine robust business management with other professional fields. You graduate with two professional degrees in less time.
MBA + JD Double Degree Program
Completing both an MBA and a JD creates career options for you. As a business leader, you understand and manage the legal aspects of doing business. As a lawyer, you can address the business needs of your clients and take your law firm to exciting levels of success.
You can take the MBA and JD degrees concurrently with modified requirements for each, enabling you to complete both degrees in four years instead of five. After completing the first year of law curriculum, students complete the MBA requirements, which include:
- MBA 500: Essentials of Business and Leadership (EBL) (4.5 units)
- MBA 501: Integrative Management Exercises (0 units)
- MBA 502: Professional Development (0 units)
- All MBA Foundation Module courses, except for MBA 560: Managing Legal Risks (0.5 units)
- MBA 598: Research Report (3.0 units)
- Internship (Co-op) requirement (if applicable)
For more information on JD application procedures, visit: http://law.uvic.ca/prospective/additional/jdmba.php
MBA+MEng Double Degree Program
If you are accepted to both the MBA Program and the Masters of Engineering (non-thesis option) Program in either of the Departments of Mechanical or Electrical and Computer Engineering, you may take both degrees concurrently. Both degrees may be completed within 25 months with modified requirements:
- You complete all MBA course work except the specialization module requirements in the first three terms of your program. You then transfer to the Faculty of Engineering to complete MEng course work and Graduate Seminar requirements.
- The major project requirement for both programs will be satisfied with the successful completion of a single project, MBME 598, jointly supervised by the Gustavson School of Business and either the Department of Mechanical or Electrical and Computer Engineering.
- Completion of all required Engineering course work will be credited as fulfillment of the MBA specialization module requirements.
- If you have less than three years of full-time work experience, you must complete a Co-op work term as a requirement of the MBA program.
MBA+MSc Double Degree Program
If you have been accepted to both the MBA Program and the Master's of Science (non-thesis option) Program in the Department of Computer Science, you may take both degrees concurrently. Both degrees may be completed within 29 months, with modified requirements:
- You complete all MBA course work except the specialization module requirements in the first three terms of your program. Normally, you then transfer to the Department of Computer Science to complete MSc course work requirements, consisting of CSC 595 and 7.5 units of other courses.
- The major project requirement for both programs will be satisfied with the successful completion of a single project, MBMS 598, jointly supervised by the Gustavson School of Business and the Department of Computer Science.
- Completion of all required Computer Science course work is credited as fulfillment of the MBA specialization module requirements.
- If you have less than three years of full-time work experience, you must complete a Co-op work term as a requirement of the MBA Program.
Diversify your knowledge and graduate experience with the EDHEC MSc + UVic MBA double degree option
Through this double degree option, you have the unique opportunities to explore business concepts in a truly global context. You earn two master degrees: an MBA from the University of Victoria and an MSc from EDHEC France.
A limited number of students nominated by the Gill Graduate School at the Gustavson School of Business who meet EDHEC's normal admission requirements and who have successfully completed the MBA Foundation module may apply to complete their programs with one of the follow EDHEC degree programs:
Business (Lille campus):
MSc in Marketing Management
MSc in Entrepreneurship & Innovation Management
MSc in Strategy & Organization Consultancy
MSc in Law & Tax Management
MSc in Global Business
Msc in Creative Business
Msc in Management Studies
Finance (Nice campus):
Msc in Finance
Msc in Corporate Finance & Banking*
Msc in International Accounting & Finance
Msc in Financial Markets
* For students with a Bachelor degree in disciplines such as Economics or Business Management and a general background in Finance
Upon successful completion of EDHEC and UVic academic requirements, the students will be awarded an EDHEC MSc degree and an UVic MBA degree. For more information about fees, the application process, and application deadlines please contact the UVic MBA Program office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
EDHEC is one of the world's top-ranked business schools. Located in France, it has two main campuses in Lille and Nice. For more information about EDHEC, visit http://www.edhec.edu/.