Master of Business Administration (MBA) program
Accredited by AACSB International (The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) and EQUIS (the European Foundation for Management Development through its European Quality Improvement System), the Gustavson School of Business at the University of Victoria (UVic) offers one of the top MBA programs in Canada.
Our MBA program offers three unique specializations: entrepreneurship, international business, and service management. In just 16 months of daytime study or 29 months of evening study, you will gain the business skills you need to take on a leadership role. Support from our career resources, executive mentorship network and the international consulting field trip that we offer in the MBA will prepare you to become a leader in today's global business.
- Three client-based consulting projects
- Two-week international consulting project in China, India or Brazil
- Small class size: Maximum 45 students in the Day program and 15 in the Evening program
- Team-based cohort learning model that connects you to future business leaders from around the world
- Three award-winning specializations - Entrepreneurship, Service Management and International Business
- Executive Mentorship Program that connects you on-on-one with experienced business leaders
- One or two Co-op (paid internship) work term(s) possible
- Double degree options
- One of the most affordable MBA programs
What do you want from your MBA?
A UVic MBA was key in "Mike Corrigan's path to the helm of BC Ferries"
By Sarah Fullbrook, BCBusiness Magazine
Finding the right
Making the decision to get an MBA is just the first step in the overwhelming process of finding a program to mesh with your goals
By Lindsey Peacock, BCBusiness Magazine
"Each day I work with graduates from some of the finest business schools around the globe. Not only does the UVic MBA compete in the global market, it leads."
Christian Kittleson, MBA 2006, is Finance Director and CFO of CHC Helicopter (Australasia).
"I have responsibility for over $350 million in annual revenue derived from operations in 7 different countries spanning from Thailand to Australia. To be an effective leader in today's tough international marketplace, one must be professionally prepared, innovative, disciplined and precise. Each day I draw from my skills developed at Gustavson. I feel the UVic MBA is one that combines precise financial acumen and technical skill, with innovative problem solving and a base of ethical reason. Graduates of Gustavson come prepared for tomorrow's business challenges."
"...the outside-the-classroom learning experiences are completely worth the MBA - I wouldn't trade that personalized, practical knowledge for anything."
Lianne Williams, a 2012 Gustavson MBA who came here to study from the United States, has taken full advantage of our close ties with the business community. "I've found myself in one-on-one meetings with CEOs of successful Victoria-based firms, being invited to attend business networking events by my mentor, getting advice from and building friendships with professors, taking on a national marketing competition, and organizing a conference as a part of student council."
Find out more about opportunities to connect outside the classroom, such as through our highly-praised Executive Mentor Program.
At a glance
|2012 Daytime class||28|
|2012 Evening class||13|
|Female to male ratio||1:1|
Canada, China, India, Jamaica, Jordan, Korea, Mexico, Taiwan, Thailand and the US
BC, Alberta, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec
|GMAT range||550 - 690|
- Co-op (paid internship) work term
- Three client-based consulting projects
- Two week international consulting project in China, India or Brazil
- Executive mentorship program that connects you one-on-one with experienced business leaders
- Professional & Career Development
- Guest speaker series
- Team-based cohort learning model that connects you to future business deaders from around the world
- International exchange option with overseas MBA partner universities
- International Business
- Service Management
More information on the specializations.
See Tution, fees and scholarships for a full breakdown of costs and available funding.