The tools to move forward
Are you working full-time and keen to further your education? The Gustavson Evening MBA program helps you take your career to new levels of success and transformation. Choosing to do the Gustavson MBA during the evening is a great opportunity for you to gain the knowledge and skills required to be a successful leader in a world of change, while maintaining your current position.
- This evening MBA program takes 29 to 33 months to complete on campus in Victoria, B.C.
- Begin with the Essentials of Business and Leadership (EBL) with all of the new UVic MBA students.
- The Foundation Module takes approximately two years, attending two evening classes per week (usually Mondays and Thursdays).
- Two Integrative Management Exercises (IMEs) to apply your knowledge in a live business case: one in Victoria and one overseas (Brazil, China or India)
- Integrated specializations: Entrepreneurship, Service Management, or International Business, all offered in the fall term.
- As a final component, you complete a team Consulting Project. Working in teams and advised by faculty, you consult for a real organization and complete a comprehensive written and oral report with recommendations.
Download the latest Evening MBA brochure.
Working full time while completing my MBA designation has been ideal for me. Not only has this experience provided me with extraordinary time-management skills, but it has also allowed me to apply the knowledge gained in a concurrent manner. The small class size encourages dynamic interaction with colleagues and professors in a collaborative environment – something that I didn’t want to miss out on by completing my education in an online setting.
— Elyse Norgaard, Evening MBA ’14
The UVic Evening MBA program places the same demand on students as the full-time MBA program and has the same depth of content. It's a balanced program that equips me with the necessary skills that are immediately applicable to real life business scenarios.
— Zachy Olorunojowon, Evening MBA ’12
The UVic MBA Program has been challenging from Day 1. I have loved the challenges presented to me as each one addresses critical business situations. Being able to work in diverse teams to solve real life business problems and completing a consulting project for one of the biggest IT companies in Victoria have been very valuable experiences.
— Mayank Chauhan, Evening MBA ’14