This year's thank you video captures how your gifts to our teaching and research programs reach far beyond the UVic campus. Without you, we wouldn’t be able to tell inspiring stories like this one.
Over 100 faculty and staff donors were treated to breakfast and coffee served by UVic Executive in appreciation for their support.
New donor loyalty circle
UVic is so proud of its special community of loyal donors who choose to give to UVic year after year. To honour those donors, and their on-going support, we have created the Ring Road Loyalty Circle.
Pam finds it inspiring to talk with former Vikes who managed to balance school with training for an elite sport, and gets excited to bring new donors to the Vikes Championship Breakfast.
A donation of a Steinway piano joins the School of Music's all-Steinway collection.
A new award from the Stephens family, whose family-owned business Nature's Path is committed to organic food and farming, will support undergraduate students learning about organic and sustainable food systems.
A new gift of $75,000 from the Anglican Diocese of British Columbia will fund the John Albert Hall Lectures at the the Centre for Studies in Religion & Society.
The Mischa Weisz Foundation recently made a second gift to the Youth in Care Cost of Living Bursary. This endowed fund supports youth who were formally in care with the costs associated with completing a degree.
The Victoria Foundation has pledged $30,000 for UVic Vital Conversations, which is part of the disability work being conducted by the School of Public Health and Social Policy.
Two new law firms have committed $25,000 to the Business Law Clinic.
A generous gift in the Will of Hungarian-born Tibor Szamecz creates opportunities for increased exchange with the country he loved.
A donation from PhD candidate and library donor Brian Pollick has brought nearly two dozen rare medieval and early modern manuscripts to campus on loan from Les Enluminures.
Spotlight on Caller Steven
What surprises Steven most about being a caller? "The amount of information I acquire on a daily basis. By talking with alumni, I learn valuable life lessons as well as personal tips about how to succeed at university."
See what the donor-funded Transgender Chair has done in 2016!
Celebrating the generosity of donors to Education
On November 23, donors to the Faculty of Human and Social Development came together with some grateful student recipients.
Students who work and study in UVic Libraries took some time out to write special thank you cards to donors.
Thank you for helping us raise over $20,000!
Stories from students across the faculty of Human and Social Development highlight how donor support is making a difference.
Spotlight on Kim
What does Kimberly Schille enjoy most about her role as a student caller? "How much amazing advice alumni have for students!"
Giving Tuesday, a global day of giving, is coming to UVic on November 29. Join the campus community by taking part in the day's events and donating to the Giving Tuesday campaign to "add sprinkles" for students at UVic.
Newly named Michael Williams Building
The newly named Michael Williams Building honours the legacy and generosity of the devoted philanthropist, heritage property developer and patron of the arts whose estate is the single largest donation from an individual to UVic, supporting its academic mission for generations of students.
How TeenWork changed Marcel's life
Major funders of TeenWork, the Vancouver Foundation, share the story of Marcel Duruisseau, proud employee (and forklift operator) at Red Barn Market. Read on page 12 of their Fall magazine.
CanAssist Impact Report
CanAssist is always looking for ways to increase its impact among people who face a wide range of barriers. Read about their amazing accomplishments this year.
"Donations to the Digital Initiatives Fund help us to continue to make local history and culture freely available online." - Lisa Goddard, Associate University Librarian.
Rande Cook, who currently holds the Audain Professorship, was a panelist at the HIWEST public forum.
Adhira Vasant is an international student from Bombay, India, in her fourth year of Computer Science with a minor in Music. She’s worked as a caller since her first semester and is now a team supervisor. She’s also a Community Leader and Student Ambassador on campus.
The annual newsletter celebrating the impact of the University of Victoria's endowed funds is out now.
BC sculptor donation to art history
A major gift from BC sculptor Jeffrey Rubinoff and the Jeffrey Rubinoff Foundation will allow doctoral students at the University of Victoria exceptional opportunities to study the complexities and richness of the history of modern and contemporary art and why it matters to Canadians and the world.
Two students who show promise as outstanding scholars and young leaders are this year’s recipients of the prestigious Schulich Leader Scholarships as they enter their first year of studies at the University of Victoria.
On August 4, Dairyland joined us at UVic to unveil the Dairyland Studio in the Centre for Athletics, Recreation and Special Abilities (CARSA), celebrating the occasion with a free spinning class and prizes.
2016 Donor Impact Report published
Stories and highlights of the impact of donor support at UVic
CanAssist featured in Capital Magazine.
The lobby of the Business and Economics building was renamed the Lawrence and Marjorie Yeats lobby to honour Marjorie’s generosity in supporting business students for the past 20 years.
UVic Law faculty members Deborah Curran and Val Napoleon have received $350,000 in funding from SSHRC and the Real Estate Foundation of BC for a three year project on the critical issue of BC's water laws.
8 technologies that make kids smile
Eight innovative technologies that promote independence and inclusion among children with disabilities in BC were made possible thanks to funding from the CKNW Orphans' Fund.
Over the past year, donors have helped countless students pursue their academic dreams. This video captures members of the UVic community trying to put into words how much that means to them.
- Children's Health Foundation supports Teenwork program
- Sisters endow Youth in Care Award
- $1.6 million software gift from Siemens
- Vikes Breakfast 8-year total
- Science fan sweetens the deal for Honours Fest winners
- CanAssist Impact Report 2015
- Flipping the focus: thanking faculty and staff donors
- Increased capacity for HerWay Home
- Three law firms pledge support for Business Law Clinic
- A 'Black-tie' welcome
- Professor donates career award to establish Indigenous scholarship
- Beyond Borders Fund supports student mobility
- UVic People Who Care
- New Military Oral History Endowment
- Ideafest reception for donors
- First Vikes Championship Breakfast in CARSA
- 2015 Schulich Leader Scholarships
- New scholarship program for next generation of global leaders
- UVic's response to the refugee crisis
- Hakai Research Chair wins national fellowship
- BG Group's gift funds Science Venture's STEM outreach in Prince Rupert
- RBC Blue and Gold Room unveiled
- Donor Impact Report 2015
- World's only Chair in Transgender Studies
- Stewart name will live on at UVic
- “Lynda & Murray Farmer Walk of Excellence” celebrates UVic’s athletics history
- Humanities students meet benefactors
- Human super predators
- Cassels-Shaw Graduate Fellowship
- School of Music Thank You Concert
- 2nd Annual Student Ambassador Philanthropy Carnival
- Gift enables CanAssist to create more customised technologies for adults with disabilities
- New rowing award preserves great rowing legacy
- Alumni Spirit Section
- CFUW Scholarship and Bursary Winners are celebrated at annual event
- Laura Szendrei Memorial Award established
- $100,000 donation from an anonymous donor will support tuition for former youth in care
- CARSA donor wall
- Nature lover's legacy funds frog research
- CanAssist new video
- Donated manuscript dates back 900 years
- CARSA Era: Chapter 1
- Faculty & staff donor appreciation
- Donor funding leads researchers to oldest human footprints
- Cowan Collection is officially presented to UVic
- Coast Capital Savings Innovation Centre
- Gustavson turns 25
- Coast Salish Art in the Classroom
- New video highlighting the difference donations make to UVic students
- Alumni board contributes to CARSA
- Local gaming firms fund scholarships for future game developers
- Philanthropist David Foster honoured as Distinguished Entrepreneur of the Year
- CARSA opens its doors to donors first
- Bletchley Park code-breaker helps women pursue education
- Estate gift from founding faculty of Education
- Gift to digitize ecologist's archives
- Holiday Closure
E-newsletter - Donors' Digest
Newsletter - Investing in Achievement
Newsletter - Legacy Matters