Current faculty and staff
These pages provide up-to-date campus notices, news and information relevant to UVic faculty and staff, as well as links to useful electronic tools and resources. Additional on-campus news is available via the Ring newspaper and the biweekly Campus Checklist email newsletter. Read more.
Notices for faculty and staff
Former UVic chancellor Murray Farmer and his wife Lynda were jointly honoured by the Victoria Chamber of Commerce with a Lifetime Achievement Award at a gala event at the Empress Hotel on April 21.Read more
Dr. Nancy Wright has been appointed as Associate Vice-President Academic Planning for a five year term beginning July 1, 2016, following the unanimous recommendation by the search committee and confirmation in a faculty ratification vote.Read more
The University of Victoria will begin consultations in May to develop a separate policy on sexualized violence that will build on current policies and practices and reinforce the university's commitment to a safe campus where sexualized violence is unacceptable.Read more
Sign up for a free 90-minute session that will teach you how to be prepared for the kinds of emergencies and disasters that can affect this region. Attention will be focused on how to be prepared both at home and on the campus. This talk will also include information on the emergency planning in place here at UVic.Read more
Congratulations to UVic for bringing home the United Way's 2015 Postsecondary Challenge Cup - for the second year in a row! President Cassels issued the 2015 challenge to the President of Royal Roads University, Dr. Cahoon, and the President of Camosun College, Ms. Bell. The award was announced at the Greater Victoria United Way's Spirit Awards luncheon on April 22.Read more
Top online tools
- Email (outlook)
- My page
- ONECard account
- NetLink ID management
- Job opportunities
- Post a job (administrators)
- A-Z list
Top faculty resources
- Benefits handbook (pdf)
- Board and Senate meetings
- Collective agreement (pdf)
- Conduct your research
- Dates & deadlines
- Library resources
- Policies (VPAC)
- Strategic Research Plan
Events and dates
View more coming events on the UVic Events Calendar.
View all important academic dates in the Academic Calendar.
University Communications + Marketing issues media tips and news releases on behalf of the university:
- New sexualized violence policy to be developed
- Brain Waves at Base Camp
- PhD study on Indigenous housing
- Are BC electricity imports a realistic solution to Alberta's emissions reduction plan?
- CUVIC 2016 to highlight UVic and community responses to TRC's Calls to Action
The Ring is the University of Victoria's community newspaper. Here are our latest news stories:
- President Cassels honoured with United Way's most prestigious award
- On Earth Day, we ask: how ‘green’ is UVic? Let us count the ways!
- The genetic rule for salmon: keep a back-up copy
- El Niño devastates coral reefs in Pacific Ocean
- Expert Q&A on Shakespeare and 400th anniversary
Campus Checklist is a brief campus news digest delivered biweekly to all UVic faculty and staff via their university-supplied email. It is intended to help strengthen communications between faculty and staff in different areas, support UVic's culture of respect, inclusion and collaboration, build a sense of shared enterprise and improve campus communications.
Find out what's happening on campus by joining our social media channels.
If you have a feed that represents some part of UVic let us know so we can help promote it.
- Facebook: universityofvictoria
- Instagram: universityofvictoria
- LinkedIn: UVic (school), UVic (company)
- Twitter: @UVic, @UVicNews, @UVicRing
- YouTube: UVic, Faces of UVic Research