Current faculty and staff
These pages provide up-to-date campus notices, news and information relevant to UVic faculty and staff, as well as links to useful electronic tools and resources. Additional on-campus news is available via the Ring newspaper and the biweekly Campus Checklist email newsletter. Read more.
Notices for faculty and staff
Negotiators with the University of Victoria and CUPE Locals 4163 (Components 1 and 2) are currently negotiating a new collective agreement. The two parties have been meeting since Feb. 2015.Read more
Have you taken advantage of the unlimited access to lynda.com yet? Our trial period ends May 15, so don't miss out.Read more
New crosswalks and sidewalks will be installed in front of CARSA on Gabriola Road; at the intersection of Finnerty and Ring Roads, and on University Drive where the Alumni Chip Trail crosses the road. Finally, a new BC Transit stop will be located on the in-bound side of University Drive, allowing easier access for transit users going to the Phoenix, Fine Arts and Visual Arts buildings.Read more
Saanich Police detectives are investigating an extremely disturbing sexual assault that occurred Wednesday evening in a residence on Church Avenue near the Shelbourne Plaza and a related robbery.Read more
Do you know someone who deserves to be recognized and honoured, someone who has achieved great things that reflect UVic's values? The Senate Committee on Honorary Degrees and Other Forms of Recognition welcomes your suggestions of worthy candidates to receive an honorary degree from UVic. Nomination deadline is March 11, 2016.Read more
Top online tools
- Email (outlook)
- My page
- ONECard account
- NetLink ID management
- Job opportunities
- Post a job (administrators)
- A-Z list
Top faculty resources
- Benefits handbook (pdf)
- Board and Senate meetings
- Collective agreement (pdf)
- Conduct your research
- Dates & deadlines
- Library resources
- Policies (VPAC)
- Strategic Research Plan
Events and dates
View more coming events on the UVic Events Calendar.
View all important academic dates in the Academic Calendar.
The Ring is the University of Victoria's community newspaper. Here are our latest news stories:
- Coming together for mental health
- Only taste can tell
- Board of Governors 2015/16 update
- 2015 Co-op Students of the Year impact the community in positive ways
- A wealth of critical conversations—2016 Provost's Diversity Research Forum
- Lending voice to an international initiative
University Communications + Marketing issues media tips and news releases on behalf of the university:
- Celebrating 10 years of pioneering ocean science
- Co-op reaches 75,000 placement milestone
- Experts in Indigenous language revitalization
- Victoria Leadership Awards 2016
Campus Checklist is a brief campus news digest delivered biweekly to all UVic faculty and staff via their university-supplied email. It is intended to help strengthen communications between faculty and staff in different areas, support UVic's culture of respect, inclusion and collaboration, build a sense of shared enterprise and improve campus communications.
Find out what's happening on campus by joining our social media channels.
If you have a feed that represents some part of UVic let us know so we can help promote it.
- Facebook: universityofvictoria
- Instagram: universityofvictoria
- LinkedIn: UVic (school), UVic (company)
- Twitter: @UVic, @UVicNews, @UVicRing
- YouTube: UVic, Faces of UVic Research